Sign in to follow this  
GEC777F

Businessjets - are you interested?

Businessjets PMDG-Style  

356 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in a Businessjet with PMDG Level systemsimulation and graphics?

G-lobal? 

I just want to climb into a big bizjet and do YYZ-LTN...or LBG..or NCE......

haha - Global, maybe.  Gulfstream?  Not a chance.  Tossers...

Kyle Rodgers

haha - Global, maybe.  Gulfstream?  Not a chance.  Tossers...

Yeah....it really bites because the G550 is my all time favorite aircraft. Wish we had more in Canada....

In the meantime just use your NGX dressed as a BBJ....so you will have to make an extra fuel stop or two, shorter legs are healthier for your computer chair strapped self anyway :lol:  

Guys - we certainly will not decide anything based on a forum poll, just so you know. The vast majority of our customer base is not posting here.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG BBJ? would be cool.

FSlabs ACJ? Yup!

Majestic Software Bombadier Global (any thousand)? yum yum.

Plausible? maybe...

2050 delivery date? haha

I'll take whatever comes. Even if it's only RPT airliners.

Eaglesoft is working on an XLS....which I'm pretty excited for.

They are the only developer who really put any effort into bizjets... though it's been quite some time since their last release. 

Where is this information coming from? It is not on their site.

(or endeavour for you other proper sods...  )

Hey Kyle

I like the use of the word "proper" in describing those who spell the word endeavour correctly!

It's not often you dish out compliments 

Guys - we certainly will not decide anything based on a forum poll, just so you know. The vast majority of our customer base is not posting here.

So how do PMDG find out what people will buy?  :ph34r:

I don't own a PMDG product yet, although I know they are superb. Just not interested in the heavy airliners. 

If they made a business-jet I would almost certainly buy it though. I did check a while back if there was an "executive/business" interior option on the J41, but no luck there. 

I like the use of the word "proper" in describing those who spell the word endeavour correctly!

It's not often you dish out compliments 

Glad you saw it as a compliment, because it was definitely one, despite it somewhat being made into a joking one.

So how do PMDG find out what people will buy? 

Market research.  A lot of market research is done simply on watching customer behavior (or behaviour, in reference to the above :P ) instead of asking them directly.  It sounds a little counterproductive, but, depending on the market, some of the larger audiences are actually less vocal.  Additionally, when surveyed, there's a certain amount of, for lack of better terms, lying that goes on (I forget the actual stat term).  It's not that the (potential) customer intends to lie; it's that they may not necessarily follow through on their claimed intentions for various reasons.

As an example:

I went to the DC Auto Show and got $50 for answering a survey and taking a test drive in a Cadi CTS Coupe.  On the survey, I indicated that I'd be in the market (in general) somewhere between a year and two years, most likely.  Sure enough, I went out and bought a new car not even a month later.  It's not that I intended to lie; I was just presented with an opportunity I didn't want to pass up.  As such, their research into direct customer opinion, while an indicator of the market, it not necessarily as accurate as some would imagine.  Customers may vocally say "we want this," but not actually follow through.

Kyle Rodgers

No, I'm not turned on by business jets. 

But then again I'm a strange creature, I work on F16's on a daily basis and I'm starting to find them boring as h***

Oddly enough, Wilco released updated screenshots for their WIP Falcon 7X today.

My eyebrow remains raised at that one...but I don't want to be let down, so I'm keeping my expectations low.

With PMDG remaining adamant about their stance....who else would be good to lobby for the cause?

Also...on an interesting side note: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/canadair-challenger-605.404789/page-7

Wouldn't it be awesome if Majestic, or QWsim, or Aerosoft, or MilViz or Eaglesoft would adopt this guy and add systems and an FDE to his model and VC? He's done an outstanding job so far on the 601, 604 and 605....

David B

In my subjective, completely biased opinion....I think there might be a market for a PMDG business jet 'side project'.

Much like the Beech 1900 and DC6.....a business jet would be a niche aircraft which, if done with at least decent quality.... (Yes, I'm looking at you Carenado)... will sell. In my personal, biased opinion.....we wouldn't really need extreme systems depth if you pick the right aircraft. It wouldn't really need all the bells and whistles of the NGX and T7.....so why not pick an aircraft that doesn't have that many bells and whistles

If there's to be little systems depth and no bells and whistles then what difference does it make having PMDG produce it? PMDG's speciality is systems depth and detail. Any competent developer could do justice to the aircraft you listed.

ki9cAAb.jpg

If there's to be little systems depth and no bells and whistles then what difference does it make having PMDG produce it? PMDG's speciality is systems depth and detail. Any competent developer could do justice to the aircraft you listed.

Note that I said "we wouldn't really need extreme systems depth if you pick the right aircraft".

I was referring more to avionics complexity. The aircraft I listed are not Fly-By-Wire and do not have complex avionics packages (bells and whistles), which often seem to take ages to properly re-create in FSX. 

A Challenger 605's avionics package is an order of magnitude more complex than the 601/604. Same for the newer Globals, Hawkers and Citations compared to their older relatives.

Much like the DC6 PMDG is currently developing, many of these older aircraft have analog gauges in the cockpit, relatively simple systems and comparatively basic avionics....requiring fewer resources and less time to develop than heavy hitters like the T7, 74 or NGX. That's why I threw in the idea of it being a side project.

If PMDG insist that they're sticking with tubeliners then so be it. Can't blame them for having a good handle on where their market is. I can keep dreaming though.....

Cheers,

David B