Sign in to follow this  
Seve2U

Uhhg! Not again!

I previously remedied constant crashes by deleting my fsx.cfg file and allowing the program to rebuild it.

After a week or so of bliss, I have now had 2 CTD's in the cruise phase on an original flight and a repeat attempt to fly from Ft. Myers to Boston.  Both times it crashed at the same point of the flight, and both times, AppCrashView showed the following modules as the last to load:

LoadedModule[205]=C:\Windows\system32\msadp32.acm
LoadedModule[206]=C:\Windows\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32\System.Drawing\5c24d3b0041ebf4f48a93615b9fa3de9\System.Drawing.ni.dll
LoadedModule[207]=C:\Windows\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32\System.Configuration\5b6ddf934128d538cd5cd77bf4209b93\System.Configuration.ni.dll
LoadedModule[208]=C:\Windows\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32\System.Xml\d48ae2536cb914a7668e22303d484bf6\System.Xml.ni.dll
State[0].Key=Transport.DoneStage1
State[0].Value=1
FriendlyEventName=Stopped responding and was closed
ConsentKey=AppHangXProcB1
AppName=Microsoft Flight Simulator®
AppPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
ReportDescription=A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

So it seems I have a problem loading native images maybe?

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Steve

The loading sequence has nothing to do with FSX crashes.  They loaded successfully so nothing wrong with them.  They are part of the Microsoft.net Framework program.  What we are looking for in the AppCrashView report is the Faulting Module and any Exception codes.  They provide possible clues.  According to the report you provided above is that FSX did not crash but hung up (froze).  You might look in the AVSIM CTD Guide for possible solutions to freezes.  We have no idea what you had loaded with fsx.  Perhaps you had an addon weather program like ASN or OPUS running in the background.  I had freezes at the same spot in cruise mode and it turned out to be my weather program trying to update the weather.  Reinstalled the weather program and the problem went away.  You need to follow the guidance in the AVSIM CTD Guide.  You have already rebuilt your FSX.cfg.  Now you need to disable all of your scenery addons and disable all of your modules in the dll.xml.  If the problems end, then it is either a scenery program or a module in your dll.xml causing the freeze.  Sometimes too it could be a module in your dll.xml that you uninstalled some time ago but it is still in your dll.xml.  Or there might be duplicate entries.  Just so many variables.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Well, it took a week to fix this one.  AppCrash and all the other diagnostic tools gave no indication of where the problem was.  So per your instructions, I traced down all of the variables and eliminated them, one by one.  My conclusion is that it was a VAS run out/over-use of system resources due to having my FPS in the FSX display driver set at 35.  Resetting to 30 resolved the hang.  Thanks again.

Glad you found the fix. We could have been going back and forth for days and days trying to figure out what caused your crashes as I would have never thought or guessed you were using an external fps limiter.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10