Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

LINDA Module for PA46 Malibu Mirage 350P

Hi all,

I spent some time today writing a LINDA module for the Mirage.  If you'd like to help me test it and give feedback, PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.  Once I'm confident things are good, I'll upload it to the library.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

LINDA is an application that lets you configure hardware switches, buttons and knobs to your aircraft.  It is a free application, though, it does require a full license to FSUIPC.  You can find LINDA here...

http://forum.avsim.net/forum/427-linda-downloads/

There are modules for quite a few airplanes and you can control so many of those buttons without ever having to click a mouse.  I've got most of my airplanes so that I don't have to click much.  My setup has a Saitek multiswitch, CH yoke, and a VRInsight EFIS/MCP/COM Combo.  You just buy a GoFlight, Saitek or VRInsight (and many others) panel and assign the switches to the command you want.  Nearly all of the PA46 commands are in this module and Carenado did a great job making the aircraft hardware happy. 

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

One thing I have not added to this module (and I may).  In the manual for the autopilot it says that if you hit the elevator trim on your yoke it will shut off the autopilot. 

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

The LINDA module is uploaded.  You can read the details here...

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/443862-pa46-malibu-mirage-350p-linda-module-version-08/

You can download it here...

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=184526

Installation instructions are in the readme.txt in the aircraft directory. 

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

I haven't tried LINDA yet, and I'm not sure how much it will help with the hardware I have (Saitek - using SPAD - radio panel and Multi-panel).  The radio stuff already works pretty much flawlessly, and the multi panel does an OK job with the AP within the limits of the buttons it has available.  Perhaps if I had the switch panel...

Any thoughts?

In any case, thanks for your efforts.

Scott

If everything is working perfectly for you then I can't say there's a firm reason to switch.  It is probably a more flexible tool and some of the functions may be more comprehensive than the methods you're using.  If you want to try it, it's easy to install and lightweight. 
The module I wrote has nearly all of the functionality of the aircraft except for the GNS and the weather radar.  (LINDA has a built in module for the RXP 530, I think, though I haven't been using it on my new rig yet.)  You can use all the switches with the click sound and it has ways to program the three way switches in the aircraft to two way switches if you like...or use momentary switches if you have those.  There's an option to turn off the autopilot if you click the up/down trim tab as well (I read that in one of the POHs) though I've seen RW video where they have an AP cutoff switch on the yoke...which you could also do with the module as well if you wish.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

OK, thanks.  I'll probably grab it and play a bit.  A good learning opportunity.

Scott

With LINDA you can edit what the functions do as well...or create some of your own. 

Gregg Seipp