Sign in to follow this  
arnonmoscona

start cold and dark?

Does anyone know how to get the phenom to start cold and dark? Even if I start the SIM in a parking space it still starts with engines on...

I haven't noticed a Start-->Programs option, but If you switch planes in FSX, from any plane to the Phenom, you should get a pop up with 3 large buttons on, giving the varios options.

And for any aircraft that doesnt have a cold&dark startup function, you can create a flight, turn the aircraft off to a cold&dark state and save that flight. From loading that saved flight you can move it to any airport you want to start your flight from.

Cheers!

Maarten

I agree with Demious as this is the technique I use on my favorite aircraft, an executive conversion of the Douglas A-26 Invader.

I go to an airport of choice, Slew the airplane to where I want to be parked, set Com. 1 active on Ground, standby on the Tower frequency, Com. 2 to ATIS, Nav. 1 on the primary runway ILS, Nav. 2 on the airport's or nearest VOR, set the proper Heading and Course on the HSI, then shut everything down to a " Cold and Dark " state. I set up an external view, then save the situation such as " KVNY Marketeer " and Default. The next time FSX is started, I am viewing the aircraft as though I am approaching it as she sits on the ramp.