Sign in to follow this  
Wendall

War Thunder take III (big shots)

Yes, it really looks great!

Only problem is the arcadish feel of flight... You should give IL2 BoS a try ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Woooooooooooow

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Only problem is the arcadish feel of flight... You should give IL2 BoS a try ;-)

Agreed on all counts! I think I'll pick up BoS as a birthday treat for myself soon.

Agreed on all counts! I think I'll pick up BoS as a birthday treat for myself soon.

It changed my simmer life :-)

At the age of 50, I spend now more time at the PC in immersive dogfights than I should, but I can't resist it :-), even more now that a friend gave me his TIR5 - WHOW!!!!! I never imagined what it really was to use such a device for flight simulation !!!!

Rise of Flight I bought it with the money back guarantee I received from giving back LM P3D v2, which is a great simulator, no doubt about it, but, just one more in that line, where I have spent way too many time and money in the last few years...

I also own DCS World, and start it just for a quick ride in the p511d and t51d, or in one of the helicopters.

IL2 BoS is WIP, but from update to update it is getting better and better. The flight dynamics feel superb, the scenery, even being "limited" to Winter in Russia, the weather and it's effects, the aircraft damage models, everything about it feels just great!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

It changed my simmer life :-)

Would you say it has a pretty steep learning curve? I use a joystick for War Thunder anyway, but I'm not in control of many systems (much to my dismay), and have thought it might be too much for me to handle. It's the main reason I haven't gotten into DCS and the likes. 

Would you say it has a pretty steep learning curve? I

No, and that's probably also one of the reasons I like it so much.

You can manage the systems, and engine management is important in EXPERT mode, but you can also set it to be automatically managed for you. Also, not all systems are simulated right now - some aircraft don't even have their trims working right now.

Anyway, IMO IL2 is above all going to be a very true to life / History recreation of the BoS, and to start with, it has probably the most astounding flight dynamics I ever used.

Because of starting to use IL2 I actually ended up investing on Rise of Flight too, another simulator I had long been avoiding.

I use DCS only for local, non combat flight. The modern fighters are simply too complex for me to learn, and I do not have the time for it... But a flight in it's SUPERB p51d, which now you can get for free in the form of it's T51d version that comes with the free to play version of DCS, is also very rewarding because the aircraft is faithfuly reproduced in all it's aspects. I also have a great time flying the UH-1H and the Mi-8. The next scenery - EDGE - will also bring DCS to a whole new level of graphical quality.

This all being said, the truth is that I do not even start Condor, my soaring sim, for quite a while for one of those longer tasks - IL2 BoS fully "absorbs" practically all simming time slots :-)

Search for Requiem's videos on both IL2 BOS and RoF, and many other authors. I now even spend time learning real WW2 fighting techiniques, some thing which was really far from being of my interest just a few months ago after more than 20 yrs in flight simulation.

Main Simulation Rig:

You can manage the systems, and engine management is important in EXPERT mode, but you can also set it to be automatically managed for you. Also, not all systems are simulated right now - some aircraft don't even have their trims working right now.

Well that's all news to me, pretty much takes care of any issues I had convincing myself to buy BoS except money. Guess I'll add it to the list!