Sign in to follow this  
PlainandSimplePaints

Question for Beta Testers

Would it be possible to show a video or something about the Data Uplink?

I can probably record one later tonight.  There's not much to it.  It's not ACARS weather or CPDLC like a lot of people are thinking.  It's just an easier way of loading perf/route/weather data.

Pretty simple.  Pretty cool, as well, but I wouldn't personally find it too interesting in video form.  In any case, if it's being asked for...

Kyle Rodgers

I can probably record one later tonight.  There's not much to it.  It's not ACARS weather or CPDLC like a lot of people are thinking.  It's just an easier way of loading perf/route/weather data.

Pretty simple.  Pretty cool, as well, but I wouldn't personally find it too interesting in video form.  In any case, if it's being asked for...

Could you please make a short vid on it Kyle ? Pllleeeeeaaasee :)

Could you please make a short vid on it Kyle ?

What are you guys looking to see, exactly?

It's pretty much a "press button, get banana" system.  It's not too complex or interesting.  It's neat, and will save a ton of time, but there's not a whole lot to show.

Kyle Rodgers

Hey Kyle, can you let us in on what format the data needs to be in, especially the performance data? And I assume that the data will need to be in a specific folder, just like the wind data?

What are you guys looking to see, exactly?

It's pretty much a "press button, get banana" system.  It's not too complex or interesting.  It's neat, and will save a ton of time, but there's not a whole lot to show.

Just show us what it does i suppose haha :)

Just show us what it does i suppose haha :)

Press line select key for REQUEST.

*DING*

Data's prefetched...

haha

Okay, I'll just go do it.  Despite my protestations, like I said, it's a really cool feature.  I just think it'll make for a really boring video.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle, don't worry about it. At this point, any video from many beta tester will do regardless of how boring it is. ;)

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Hi,

Sorry to "hack" :blush:  this post. If it's too bad, please simply ignore this.

I have a little question too for the beta-testers / Kyle: what are the origin and destination airports of tutorial #2 which as I understand will depict an ETOP flight. The reason why I ask is that I want to be ready by having the right addons sceneries when the SP1 is released.

- TONY -

Hi,

Sorry to "hack" :blush: this post. If it's too bad, please simply ignore this.

I have a little question too for the beta-testers / Kyle: what are the origin and destination airports of tutorial #2 which as I understand will depict an ETOP flight. The reason why I ask is that I want to be ready by having the right addons sceneries when the SP1 is released.

EGKK-KMCO I hope. I put a request in before PMDG even released the 777. Ryan replied that he wasn't sure if people would want such a long tutorial straight off.

He of little faith!!!! Lol

EGKK-KMCO I hope. I put a request in before PMDG even released the 777. Ryan replied that he wasn't sure if people would want such a long tutorial straight off.

He of little faith!!!! Lol

What's the shortest flight that requires ETOPS? KLAX-PHNL perhaps? I would like to do NZAA-NCRG (Rarotonga) which is also ETOPS.

Don't forget to airbrush it, just like the magazines do with bikini model pictures!!! :lol:

Kyle, don't worry about it. At this point, any video from many beta tester will do regardless of how boring it is. ;)

Fair.  I just scratch my head sometimes because I don't understand what people are expecting.  If I know, then I can speak to it, but with such a simple function (simple, not to mean unimportant or uninteresting), I just didn't quite see the draw to have it put in a video.

Hey Kyle, can you let us in on what format the data needs to be in, especially the performance data? And I assume that the data will need to be in a specific folder, just like the wind data?

This is explained in the video, but just to make it clearer:

• The performance data is read internally - no external files are read for this data (it simply pulls from the known data - it knows it from the FS ACTIONS pages, obviously).
  • The wind data is exactly the same as the feature you see out there right now.  The format is the same, the location is the same.  If you have PFPX or ASN, it'll do all of that behind the scenes for you.
  • I believe the DES FORECAST values come from the same wind file (regardless of what generates the PMDG-compatible wind file)

Kyle Rodgers

NO Kyle... your next video will be named; "A visual manual on how to read the manuals"....

:LMAO: