Sign in to follow this  
liketofly1

Still some black buildings

Hi,

I'm a happy user of your excellent DX10 Fixer... 

but I still have an issue with three of my (legacy) airports not showing building textures....there all black.

The Scenery affected is:

DAVOR PULJEVIC - CROATIAN AIRPORTS

and textures don't show at all neither day nor night, but they do show under DX9....

I've already set "Scenery" under Legacy tab - and unticked V2.0 Transparency Logic..... but no matter what I set, building Textures just don't show...

Now - Is this a typical "write off" scenery - or can it be fixed.....???

kind regards

Oberwinkler Richard

Hello, often black textures relate to another version of the airport. Try disabling the scenery and see what the airport then looks like

I have got this answer from Davor about the black textures on his croatian scenery :

" can't answer because i use standard dx9 and can't test sceneries in dx10. But if all other older sceneries designed 3-4 or more years ago works ok then the reason is maybe something else. It was very complicated to design sceneries for Fsx because with Sp2 they changed texture definition so some textures disaperd some becomed uncorrectly transparent. You must fixed them by some patches, and after introducing dx.10 again some things becomed maybe incompatible. It is different and almost imposible to correct old scenery, it is easier to make complitely new scenery according to last needs. So most of the new sceneries possibly works in dx10, but for older some incompatibilities can appear ".

GTX 1660 Ti

Well I would ignore that.

The question was if you disable the scenery what do you see?

There are only 3 possibilities

it's an interference from another copy of the airport very common in these circumstances to see black buildings. Seem several times.

It's a fault in the scenery we can look for missing textues having ruled out get previous scenario. I have seen this once before

It's a new phenomena that I am unaware of

Hello Steve,

This is typical of the whole package:

Default FSX LDZA:

ldza-fsx.jpg

Davor LDZA:

ldza.jpg

Davor LDSP:

ldsp.jpg

Davor LDDU:

lddu.jpg

Uninstall the dx10sf libraries and confirm for me that the black buildings appear light blue.

If so they have missing textures. There seems a difference in the way dx9 engine and dx10 engine handles this.

Next step reinstall the libraries and enable missing texture alerts in fsx.cfg it's described in dx10sf manual else google. Record the missing textures.

There are then two approaches, contact the author and ask about the missing textures or create an invisible texture to use instead.

Well the buildings aren't light blue with the library uninstalled Steve:

LDDU - no library:

lddu_lib_off.jpg

General shader disabled in Debug and the scenery looks fine, no black buildings.

EDIT: Libraries were enabled.

Curious indeed, enable general shader and check buildings are black, then disable all the options on right hand side of debug, disable axis colour fix in other and report back

General shader re-enabled and buildings were black.

Right hand side of Debug disabled, Axis Colour was already disabled, buildings appear normal.in their textures.

Further - in Debug if I only deselect DX10 Transparency Bug Fix the buildings are ok.