Sign in to follow this  
JSilva

Possibly getting Prepar3D V2.X and new PC Parts.

I have been interested in Prepar3D Version 2.2 but I wanted to ask if my PC is alright for it because I am planning to get new PC parts. These are my PC Specs and some of my replacements:

Motherboard: ASUS M4A785TD-V-EVO 

Replacement: ASUS Z97 PRO WiFi AC

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 B45 @ 3.1GHz 

Replacement: Intel Core i5 4690k (or i7 4790K depending on the budget)

RAM: 4x2GB DDR3 @ 1333MHz 

Possible Replacement: 2x4GB DDR3 @ 2400MHz (depending on the budget)

HDD: Toshiba 2TB @ 7200 RPM

SSD: None 

New part: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

PSU: Unsure but possibly around 750W Manufactured by PowerX2 (Possible Replacement depending on budget)

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB Sapphire OC Edition

Monitor: ASUS VN247H 1920x1080 60Hz HDMI output

PC Case: Unknown (ATX Mid-Tower) 

Possible Replacement: Corsair 200R (depending on the budget)

Possible Replacement: Windows 8.1 64bit (depending on compatibility of other software and the return of the Start Button)

Will I be fine with what I have now or get the new parts to replace (as soon as the CPU hits the market). And no, I will not get Windows 8.1 until Microsoft bring the Start Button back and other stuff. I think I am fine with my GPU since it is DirectX11 GPU. Some replacements depend on the budget but the Motherboard, the CPU (choice depends on the budget) and the SSD

Júnior Silva

Update: New case will be 300R rather than 200R.

Júnior Silva

Personally id go for the i7 4790K as it is unlocked and you can OC if you need to. You also haven't mentioned cooling, I suggest the Corsair H100i water cooler, it is fantastic for the value.

And on the GPU, I have myself ordered the GTX 770 4GB just, as I am lead to believe P3D needs more VRAM so going up in ram on the Graphics card wont hurt at all. Buy by all means if you can afford it go for the GTX 780.

(Just my opinion)

Cheers

Adam

Personally id go for the i7 4790K as it is unlocked and you can OC if you need to. You also haven't mentioned cooling, I suggest the Corsair H100i water cooler, it is fantastic for the value.

And on the GPU, I have myself ordered the GTX 770 4GB just, as I am lead to believe P3D needs more VRAM so going up in ram on the Graphics card wont hurt at all. Buy by all means if you can afford it go for the GTX 780.

(Just my opinion)

Cheers

Good suggestions. But about the GPU, I don't have any plans on changing as I moved from an ATI Radeon HD 4870 1/2 GB to an AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB over 6 months ago, I don't want to buy a new GPU at this time (but I might look more into it sometime in the near future). I am thinking about the H100i but I am worried about it not fitting with the Corsair 300R and the ASUS Z97 Pro WiFi AC, and it depends on the budget (I read that it can install on the 300R but it depends on the Motherboard and the Ram. Luckily, if I were going to invest on 2 4GB G-Skill DDR3 Ram, they have removable heat-sinks but I am unsure about the Z97 Pro WiFi AC since it is new). But I am starting to think about the 4790K more than the 4690K.

Júnior Silva

The i7s are fantastic and the K overclock very well.

Let us know what you decide.

Adam

The i7s are fantastic and the K overclock very well.

Let us know what you decide.

I will think about it.

Júnior Silva

Unfortunately, I don't have enough budget for the H100i but I never overclocked a CPU before (but I am planning to). I decide to look for alternatives and I am looking at Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO. Current cost is £22.73 in Amazon. So I am thinking on getting the Hyper 212 EVO for now and in a few months time, I upgrade to the H100i.

Additionally, I don't know how much the Intel Core i7 4790K or the i5 4690K costs (I live in the UK and prices here cost more than the US price). If I were to get a part replacement other than the Motherboard, CPU and SSD, I would replace either the Ram or the Computer Case.

The reason why I am changing Ram is that it is easier to overclock with 2 sticks as opposed to 4 sticks (which I currently have). For Ram, I decided on G-Skill 2x4GB DDR3 2400MHz CL10 Ram which costs £63.88 at Amazon UK.

For the computer case, I was going for the 200R but I changed my mind and go for the 300R instead because if I were to upgrade to a H100i, it won't fit to a 200R without modding the case.

I am hoping to get both but my budget is insufficient so which part should be replaced, the case or the Ram.

G-Skill 2x4GB DDR3 2400MHz 10CL Ram: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007V9RXFI/ref=s9_simh_gw_p147_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-5&pf_rd_r=09X38D1NNRHDA49A2682&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=455346027&pf_rd_i=468294

Corsair 300R: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006I2H0YS/ref=s9_simh_gw_p147_d0_i2?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=09X38D1NNRHDA49A2682&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=455344027&pf_rd_i=468294

Júnior Silva

Just dont overclock much until you have a good watercooler as you run the risk of destroying your cpu if it overheats.

Adam

Just dont overclock much until you have a good watercooler as you run the risk of destroying your cpu if it overheats.

I won't be overclocking much anyway as I have little experience on it. But I will try to be careful.

Júnior Silva

I finally decided. I will go with the Intel Core i7 4790K. I still don't know the UK Price (referring to amazon.co.uk).

Júnior Silva

With the Hyper EVO 212, I've had my 3770K overclocked to 4.7ghz for 2 years with no problem.  To be sure, I got an extra fun for push pull, plus 4 case fans (2 120mm and 2 200mm).  Works great!

With the Hyper EVO 212, I've had my 3770K overclocked to 4.7ghz for 2 years with no problem.  To be sure, I got an extra fun for push pull, plus 4 case fans (2 120mm and 2 200mm).  Works great!

Good advice about the CM Hyper EVO 212, I wonder how well it would perform with the i7 4790K. About the extra case fans, I will look into that soon.

Júnior Silva

I also decided although I am not going to get a new GPU at this time, I decided the next GPU will be an Nvidia GPU rather than another new AMD GPU.

About the motherboard, I found one cheaper than Amazon.co.uk and with free shipping. Amazon.co.uk sells the ASUS Z97 PRO WiFi AC for £149.98 with Free Shipping while the website I found called Micom.co.uk, the same motherboard costs £135.62 with Free Shipping.

Unfortunately, the other parts costs more than Amazon.co.uk but the bright side is I could save nearly £15 buying just the motherboard from Micom rather than Amazon.

ASUS Z97 PRO WiFi AC in Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00K80MYSI/ref=s9_simh_gw_p147_d1_i4?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=142J38TN5RQ94YYKR6SC&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=455333147&pf_rd_i=468294

ASUS Z97 PRO WiFi AC in Micom: http://www.micom.co.uk/asus-z97-pro-wi-fi-ac-intel-z97-1150-atx-sli-xfire-sata-express-m-2-wireless-btooth?gclid=CM_1m5q4i78CFaQIwwod9BMAew

EDIT 1: Amazon says the Z97 PRO WiFi AC will be in stock on June 25, 2014 while Micom already still have them in stock. There are some rumours that the 4790K will be officially release on June 25, 2014.

EDIT 2: Prices could change for Amazon so at one point, Amazon.co.uk could sell the motherboard at a lower price than Micom (hopefully).

EDIT 3: I am thinking of getting the parts by early July in the case Amazon doesn't lower the price of the Z97 PRO WiFi AC by 10% (Costs £150, 10%=£15 so £150-£15=£135). By that time, the 4790K CPU should be released. Micom free shipping takes a whole week to arrive while Amazon takes 1-4 days depending on the option.

Júnior Silva

I decided to get a new Computer Case (Corsair 300R). I still unsure about the price for the 4790K but I estimate around £239.99 because the US Price of the same CPU is $339.99. As of June 23, 2014, £1.00 is equal to $1.70 so $339.99 is approximately £200. From what I've seen, the Amazon UK Price is about 20% more than the Amazon US price, I guess the price is around £240 (20% of £200 = £40, £200 + £40 = £240). I cannot say for sure but this is typical in Amazon.co.uk. I don't get why the UK Price is always 20% higher than the US Price (unless the 20% VAT Rate has something to do with it).

Júnior Silva

I finally ordered the parts since yesterday. These are the parts I ordered and Status as of 03:14 PM at July 12, 2014. All prices listed include the 20% VAT rate.

Intel Core i7 4790K: Ordered but didn't arrive yet. Ordered in Aria.co.uk for £241.08 inc Shipping (£231.54 exc Shipping).

ASUS Z97 PRO Wi-Fi AC: Ordered but didn't arrive yet. Ordered in Micom.co.uk for £134.02 FREE Shipping.

Samsung 840 EVO 250GB: Ordered and Arrived. Ordered in Amazon.co.uk for £84.99 FREE Shipping.

Corsair 300R: Ordered and Arrived. Ordered in Amazon.co.uk for £59.98 FREE Shipping.

Wish me luck with the installation of the PC and the Prepar3Dv2.

Júnior Silva