Sign in to follow this  
shivers9

A2A Cherokee 180 and P3D...It is the real Deal!

I had just about decided to skip the new offering from A2A because I don't usually have the time to mess with all the preflight and maint. type stuff. After reading a glowing review from a retired Chief Pilot from a Piper flight center about the feel of the plane in flight I decided to pull the trigger and give it a try. I have now gone completely Prepar3d and removed FSX and was interested in trying a new plane that was designed with the intent of using in P3D.

I have only made a few short flights around NW Florida and I was amazed to say the least. I don't know what the guys over at A2A did to get the "feel" that comes through but, Other developers should be paying attention!! I have been trying to come up with the correct words to describe it with out much luck. The best I can do is to say they have come as close as I have seen in many years of flying computers to giving that small aircraft feel. It is that combo of you and Mother Nature working together (and sometimes against :Nail Biting: ) to keep that bag of flying metal balanced on a tiny, moving spot we call the CG.

I have seen the normal price whinners and bolt counters that we are so used to here at AVsim taking their shots. The Cherokee is older and slower and I look forward to some updated GPS stuff, but all that aside, One thing is sure. Your will not see anyone complaining that this model feels like it is flying on a string.

My thanks to A2A and congrats from a new, first time customer.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Your will not see anyone complaining that this model feels like it is flying on a string.

Yep. Try to do a spin recovery with it.

I've not tried any of the A2A products.  Mainly because I don't want to do preflight stuff or fix a plane if I crash it.  Can you turn that type of thing off?

Noooo...... :-)

Actually, if you want realism, then I a2a has hit a sweet spot.  Though you might not own a 737, if you come close to owning one of these small aircraft, then I think a certain intimacy of maintenance of and air readiness is part of the price.  The fact that a2a includes that I think is a bonus.

By the way, it's well done and not overbearing as you might think.

I've not tried any of the A2A products.  Mainly because I don't want to do preflight stuff or fix a plane if I crash it.  Can you turn that type of thing off?

I am not sure. Just got it yesterday but it is really not a big deal. You can just kick the tires and go fly. Even if you foul the plugs or what ever...then just a few clicks brings things back to normal. It is nothing like the big Tubeliners and running 15 min of checklist before the cute Attendant comes forward to sit on your lap.....LOL All kidding aside, If that is all that is holding you back then go for it.!! It is a lot of fun!

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I might pick it up in the next few weeks.  I'm a huge fan of Pipers and I don't think P3D has any others you can buy... they do have these Mooneys though which is another favorite of mine.

I'm a huge fan of Pipers

Do a Google search on Frooglesim.  There are two videos on the Cherokee which will give you an excellent idea as to what is involved in owning/flying this aircraft.

Can you turn that type of thing off?

Yes, completely. But then you shouldn't pay such a price, because it doesn't make sense to buy that addon.

As long as you fly that bird under normal circumstances you wouldn't have any big issues. This is not a sensible warbird where you have to manage the engine temps manually to avoid a damage.

And if you encounter any failures you are free to reset the completey bird to factory new by make one click on "complete overhaul"

But for sure you will learn a lot with this addon ...

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------