Sign in to follow this  
Chicken Patty

hello from Miami, Florida

Hello all, my name is David. I'm 26 years old and have been an aviation fanatic pretty much my whole life. I've been playing Flight Simulator for probably about five or six years but did take a break about two years ago and just recently started back up, with much more knowledge and idea on how to properly fly a plane. By no means am I near to calling myself even close to skilled, but I ain't thay bad :)

Anyhow, hope to see some of you around, anything you guys need, I'm open to helping. I actually have a bit of an issue setting up ILS approaches in the Boeing 777, but I'll make a post about that later on. Cheers guys, see you all around!

-David

Hi and welcome to AVSIM. Interesting username....

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi and welcome to AVSIM. Interesting username....

Best regards,

Thank you for the welcome.  It's a nickname I've had for a few years now, long story, HAHA.  Anyhow, great community.  Haven't had a chance to get active but I'll get around to it.  Been getting some hours in using the iFly 737NG, the 737-800 model.  I'll see you around, cheers!

-David

Been getting some hours in using the iFly 737NG, the 737-800 model.

That's one of my favorites! I fly it only in P3DV2 though.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Welcome aboard, nice to see someone from South Florida

That's one of my favorites! I fly it only in P3DV2 though.

Best regards,

You know, I've been playing FSX for a bit and it wasn't till I got this plane and I grabbed a check list that I really didn't better myself.  It's crazy how you get so much better when repeating check lists and procedures.  For now I'm trying to fly the same route mostly, good weather, just trying to get familiar with all the STARS and SID's, still need to get the hang of that over anything else.

Welcome aboard, nice to see someone from South Florida

Thanks bud, don't see many enthusiasts from here really.

-David

I visit Miami two or three times a year, and always have a good time spotting airplanes at KMIA. 

Nice.  Ever spotted at KFLL?  Very close by KMIA and it has some pretty nice spotting sites.   You can even go on top of a parking garage inside the airport and spot from there.  When they are taking off East (always) they rotate and go airborne as they pass by the spotting area, it's awesome.  

-David

do they still have the parking lot viewing area near the 9L threshold (at KFLL) which broadcasts the tower?

Yeah, KMIA definitely has more eye candy. ... and yeah the parking lot area by the threshold of 9L is still at KFLL.

Thing about Miami is when you get those 777's or the Airbus A380 landing on runway 9. If you are at the "El Dorado" spotting area, its a thing of beauty!

-David

I seat on the railroad in front of the restaurant. 

That spot is good when they are landing and taking off west.  Otherwise you don't get to see much.  El Dorado spotting area is about five minutes west of that and it's at the threshold of runway 9.  Perfect approach view and almost perfect landing view.

-David