Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Really sharp textures (Orbx Global) with AM=254

Not sure about you all, but I cannot OC if I am using HT. My OC  is what gives me the biggest boost.

Bob

Not sure about you all, but I cannot OC if I am using HT. My OC  is what gives me the biggest boost.

Bob

Never heard this. I've HT on and have OC too.

Spirit

Same here running HT at 4.5 stable.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

I have updated in another thread my AF stetting and recommendation:

No longer AF-254.

The final setting is AF=84

Please read the other Magic Bullet post...for explanations with results.

Thank you, 

The O.P.

No longer AF-254.

Thank you, 

The O.P.

Soon you'll change your AM setting for each flight, maybe. :P

Spirit

Soon you'll change your AM setting for each flight, maybe. :P

Spirit

Locked...loaded...and now to fly...and 'cfg' no more.....the Eagle has landed.... :)

I have FS9 'dialed in'.

I have FSX 'dialed in'

I have XPX.30 'dialed in'

...and now can add P3D to the 'dialed in' family of 'to-be-left-alone' config files!   "P3D v2.2...welcome to the family!"

Locked...loaded...and now to fly...and 'cfg' no more.....the Eagle has landed.... :)

I have FS9 'dialed in'.

I have FSX 'dialed in'

I have XPX.30 'dialed in'

...and now can add P3D to the 'dialed in' family of 'to-be-left-alone' config files!   "P3D v2.2...welcome to the family!"

Shall we bet? :P

Spirit

Shall we bet? :P

Spirit

Spirit...you'd lose...., trust me. When I make a decision...I have GOBS of resolve.  I got everything working like clockwork...and I'm done...a'tweaking.   Now...going to retire to flying and boating....boating...and flying....!  The three Amigos....are now...just fine....

Oh...just one more thing to do this morning, before the grass will get cut...and the mosquitoes will hear the dinner gong (the lawnmower)......make a full system image.  

Spirit...you'd lose...., trust me. When I make a decision...I have GOBS of resolve.  I got everything working like clockwork...and I'm done...a'tweaking.   Now...going to retire to flying and boating....boating...and flying....!  The three Amigos....are now...just fine....

Oh...just one more thing to do this morning, before the grass will get cut...and the mosquitoes will hear the dinner gong (the lawnmower)......make a full system image.  

We'll see. :ph34r:

Spirit

AM=84 uses cores 2,4 & 6.  This is the P3DV2.2 default setting without having to set it in the CFG. AM=85 adds core 0 to the mix.

As I bought and paid for 8 cores with HT on, I set my AM=255 and this uses all 8 cores. CPU temps in the mid-60's.

The tip to set 30fps in EVGA PrecisionX really does make a difference! I still run "unlimited" in P3D and am quite happy with the results. I no longer use NI for any settings - just leave it at the defauls settings.

Lyn

No longer AF-254.

Thank you, 

The O.P.

Mitch--I think you're looking at red herrings.   Here is what you've done w/ AF=84:  1010100

You've excluded P3D from running on Cores 0, 1, 3 & 5, or perhaps since you don't have a value that involves all 8 virtual cores what you're seeing is whatever P3D defaults to when it doesn't have a valid AM value to preempt it.  This being said, you may have had some flights that did very well, but it doesn't really fit w/ the theory behind using an AM per se.  I continue to use the hexacore equivalent of AM=254 for quad cores w/ HT enabled, which would be AM=4094, and continue to have persistently best texture loading behavior--markedly improved over HT off w/ it's AM corollary for hexacore w/ HT disabled, which would be AM=62.  Put another way, I'm convinced there is no trial & error approach to determining which AM value is best--the theoretical basis fits exactly w/ the empirical outcome.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

No longer AF-254.

This makes no sense to me. Shouldn't AF be set so that p3D uses as many cores as possible? That would seem logic to me. At any rate I tried that AF=84. The only difference I have noticed was when flying high above ORBX scenery in Australia. I could see the land textures closest to the horizon flicker in and out of display.

So folks, is it 254 or 255? I'm getting dizzy...

- Bill Magann

This makes no sense to me. Shouldn't AF be set so that p3D uses as many cores as possible?

If P3D is like FSX in it's CPU loading,  it stands to reason that distributing the load over the last three (real) cores and leaving the first core free for Windows stuff, has some merit.

That is why some of us use AM=14 for a non-hyperthreaded quad, and AM=84 for a hyperthreaded quad.

Bert

Folks, I wish to say that I am no guru...but only a poor slob that tries out anything that sounds good in principle and theory.  I also have no agendas of any kind..and truly and honestly report either good or bad, what trying something out, did or did NOT do to better the simulation experience. I have tried 242,254,255, and a few others( but still a level of corruption and defocus over time), but had blur-free, without time limit of flight or operation, and at no matter what altitude the simulation was at...with AM=84 in HT mode. On my test flights, I have repeatedly, gone from tree-top to FL450..and back down for three or more cycles..and could NOT corrupt or defocus, whether flying at 120 knots...or over 580 knots...with progressive advancement of ORBX Global.

I have locked down my posted .cfg file..and will play no more with it.  What I have, works...stays...and to be enjoyed on a practical level.

So...I leave the theory to those that profess more technical knowledge than I have on the AM=X does what threads.  I shall continue now with AM=84...and fly blur and texture corruption-free.

This works on my system spec's...and MMV on another's...:)

Mitch