Sign in to follow this  
kaganarisut

Must Have Addons For FSX

Hi,

I am not new to FS, but left it 10 years ago:) , now I want to take it with best addons. after spending lots of time, I am really confused about which type of addon should I use? 

GEX , FTX, FS GLOBAL  

ACTIVE SKY,  FEX, REX 

AES , GSX, MY Traffic

FS Commander, AeroSoft PFPX , FSMAP

I all searched them and learned what are they, but not sure which one conflicts each other? I dont want to buy conflicting products.

Anyone can help?  Thanks

not sure which one conflicts each other?

From your list the following might/would conflict:

• FTX and GEX
  • FEX and REX
  • not really a conflict but doing more or less the same job: PFPX and FSCommander, perhaps also FSMap, I don't know about that
  • in a certain way AES and GSX, but that can be eliminated; it would be more of a redundancy than an actual conflict

I don't want to comment on any of them further, though.

Best regards,

EZDOK is essential, in fact, it should have been integrated into FSX from the beginning.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Thanks for the answers,

@Olli4740 do you mean REX4 TEXTURES instead of any of these products  GEX,FTX , FS GLOBAL ?  

@ SolRayz , I also checked these addons for tool set,

Fraps

Topcat

Fs RealTime

do you add more? thanks

Thanks for the answers,

@Olli4740 do you mean REX4 TEXTURES instead of any of these products  GEX,FTX , FS GLOBAL ?  

(...)

You're welcome. REX4 textures can improve the looks of airports, for example, but IMO they are no substitutes for ground textures, vector data etc. outside of airports - that's what GEX and FTX-G are aimed at.

Can we see above 23 fps if we want to use one of the Texture, Scenery , Traffic, ground and weather addons each other  :)  Who can answer that minimum which exact Cpu + GPU combination can run above 23 fps?

thanks

Trojan T-28A. Freeware (donation). Engine wear and tear, weapons animations, dx10 compatible

Gorky Max

I currently run Ultimate Terrain X, FTX Global, Active Sky Next, Rex 4, FS Global Mesh, Ultimate Traffic 2 100% airline density. This is with water setting 2.x high, scenery complexity very dense, and autogen normal and I get around 30-36 FPS most places while flying in say the PMDG 737. Now at some big add-on airports or very dense scenery areas I do see the FPS drop when on the ground or taxiing around to 19-20 FPS but I just accept that since I have yet to discover something that can fix that aside from lowering graphical settings. 

I think I have a pretty decent system and of course there are others that have way better systems than me so it is certainly possible to get 23 FPS everywhere. 

OpusFSX has weather and a camera addon. I would go with that instead of EZDOK and ASN.

AS NEXT, UT2, REX4 textures, ALL ORBX (especially Pacific NW, Rockies), Global, Vector.  Also love Megascenery Hawaii,

Stan

I nominate SteveFx DX10 (love it or hate it) shader mods as THE essential software for FSX.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Thanks a lot. very useful information.

So what do you say about Pseudo FullScreen , DX10 Utilities and Shader upgrades. Are these also necessary ?

I think SteveFX DX10 Fixer is for Dx10 utilities, but I dont know about Shader Upgrades.

thanks

DX10 gives a very good boost in FPS but has a few minor issues with runway and fences flickering - cured with the free DX10 shader mods available from SteveFx - a .zip available from the AVSIM downloads with full easy instructions. The payware SteveFx DX10 fixer helps out with addons that have issues with some textures in DX10.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

DX10 gives a very good boost in FPS

How big of a boost? I was under the impression that it can cause AI traffic to lose there paint schemes so the planes appear white?