Sign in to follow this  
sade050

having a hard time with FMC

this is my first time posting here :D. so i got the 737 NGX and like every n00b i have watched videos how to set up the FMC .

so i got every thing right ( i got my bold pink route ) i m at the gate and here is where i get stuck  

-how do i set up the auto pilot before the take off and after ? 

-how can make the plane fellow the rout automatically ?

-how can i make the plane auto land ?

i know this question might be stupid but i learn fast

There are no stupid questions.

If you want to get the most out of the NGX: flyaoamedia.com

Alternatively Youtube guys like kyle rogers or frooglesim

I would suggest doing the two tutorials that PMDG have provided with the product. They are very good and will teach you most of what you need to know to operate the aircraft. And before doing the tutorials I strongly recommend reading the introduction PDF provided as well.

Dave

Dave Paige

...although there are no stupid questions...there is such a thing called laziness, which you cannot be with any complex aircraft add-on for flight simulation...you need to read the intro doc and go through the tutorials and go through competent videos on either YouTube or flyaoamedia and you need to read up on SIDS / STARS and don’t forget the check-lists as well as FMC setup and manipulation in the air. Then, if you have not already done so, learn phraseology and join VATSIM...you won’t ever turn back.

Did you get the tutorial with your download? Asking those questions does tend to suggest you may have underestimated the complexity of the Aircraft

Fly the tutorial several times until it sinks in and then come back here to fine tune what you still don't understand. Good luck :-)

ZORAN

Alternatively Youtube guys like kyle rogers or frooglesim

Thanks for the mention!

For what it's worth:

I'd avoid my channel (at least the NGX stuff) until both tutorials are fully understood.  Diving head first into some of the content I have there could get a newer sim pilot of the NGX lost in a bunch of detail.  There's definitely some relevant stuff over there, but people are going to want a basic level of understanding from the intro/tutorials before I bury them in all that long-winded detail.  :P

Kyle Rodgers

thank you guys for the reply i did read the manual and watched videos about the FMC

so HERE is what happened  with me 

-did  the FMC setup right but in the LEG page i don't get STEP command but i get RTE DATA

ignored that .

1.  i set up the autopilot speed :V2
  2. altitude :crus 
  3.  flight directors: both on
  4. ( VNAV armed) but LNAV wont arm i ignored that to.

-i take off and surprise. i armed LNAV and turned on :) my plane now following the route like a charm 

-in the LEG page i got the STEP command after the the take off 

so why this happened ? i mean why LNAV didnt arm when i was at the airport ?  

why did i get RTE DATA and not step at first ?

another thing i set up V1,VR,V2 but when i was speeding i only heard V1 warning . forgot something?

i could find an answer to these question in the manuals

going from DAAE TO DAAG 

Anis 

I bet LNAV did not arm because you had not assigned any Standard Instrument Departure (SID) in the FMC

so why this happened ? i mean why LNAV didnt arm when i was at the airport ?

Are there any departure charts for DAAE? I have only found the airport diagram and two approach charts.

Don't quote me on this, but I remember reading something in one of the manuals along the lines of the LNAV being unable to arm on the ground if your departure heading is more than 20 degrees off the runway heading. I'd imagine the same to be true if you had a route discontinuity on the takeoff leg.

Regards.

LNAV will not ARM on the ground if the first waypoint is more than 5 degrees off of the departure runway heading. Clearly explained in the manuals and tutorials, which you still haven't mentioned doing. There's another really will done tutorial done by Tom Risager which can be found here in the AVSIM library, which I also recommend going through.

You're going to have to be willing to put in a little work in learning this wonderful aircraft.

Dave

Dave Paige

Clearly explained in the manuals and tutorials, which you still haven't mentioned doing.

Yep.

You're going to have to be willing to put in a little work in learning this wonderful aircraft.

Absolutely agree.

Kyle Rodgers