Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Take your Sirocco GTX2 Yacht for a cruise....

Don't forget that P3D v2.2 is also modeled for water immersion, as well as flight!

I am presently cruising the Thousand Islands on the St. Lawrence River, between the shores of Ontario, Canada, and New York, U.S.A.  The wave action..is literally that, against the hull, and my bow is creating waves AND spray careening off that bow. P3D has great marine activity effects. The stern is creating a twin prop mist, and the beautiful wake fans out into the waves astern.  What I am doing, and with what watercraft, would probably (also the area is a vacation premium magnet...) siphon  $1,000.00 or more dollars (with fuel, docking, etc..) a day from my wallet.

I can do this for the Net search of getting the beautifully detailed MONSTER yacht...the Sirocco GTX2 (thank you, creators!), and the cost of P3D :)  The wave actions in P3D is most believable, let alone tweaked by REX 4 Direct.

So...enjoying my spiced cup of java...at the wheel of this beauty...cruising the river at 14 knots...and so enjoying Orbx Global in this area of the world...the Thousand Islands near Gananoque, Ontario, is to die for! Do a Google Search of the Thousand Islands in general, or Gananoque and/or Kingston to get the general view of why thousands (excuse the pun...) flock to the shores of the St Lawrence in this part of the river run.

Having a simulation blast...per usual...

Cheers, there, Matey!

Mitch'er

Has anyone tried also Deltasim Nordhavn 86 Motor Yahcht in P3DV2.2?

How it works?

How it works?

It should work just fine.  You need to adjust some variances in the wake and spray effect for P3D...because you might see black spray that goes vertical. On some forums, they called it the Heavenly Wake or Spray effect.  I can't remember what I changed right now..but the info is out there...and when you do...you get the same bow spray and wake effects as you would in FSX, once more.  The difference is...is that you now actually see waves, and the bow spray changes or goes away, depending on how the bow is coming at the waves. Also, I found out that wind-driven waves will erode your speed as well as a head wind, change of direction to your course....you have to raise the throttles accordingly.  I was surprised at that...but then again...probably not! :)  I left you further down another post with the change to the AIRCRAFT.cfg file you need to do.  10 seconds..and you're on your way to spray and wake heaven....:)  Remember to press SAVE to make it permanent.

What a cool idea!  I'm going to try it.  I just hope nobody turns down the leisure boat slider while I'm out there. :rolleyes:

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

What a cool idea!  I'm going to try it.  I just hope nobody turns down the leisure boat slider while I'm out there. :rolleyes:

It's just another way to maximize what P3D offers!

In the AIRCRAFT.cfg file in the yacht folder, put this entry in the [EFFECTS] instead of what entries the boat comes with. They are for use in FSX, .and then press save, to save your AIRCRAFT.cfg file.  Now, you will have the same great wake and spray effects that you would expect.

[EFFECTS]
wake = fx_wake      
water= fx_spray

Pack some chips and beer/wine...for it is VERY RELAXING....(BTW....no beer or wine for the P.I.C.    right?   (wink...).

How it works?

Eke...here is what you need to do to modify the AIRCRAFT.cfg file for the DeltaSim boats to properly display spray and wakes:

In the AIRCRAFT.cfg file in the yacht folder, put this entry under  [EFFECTS], instead of what entries the boat comes with. They are for use in FSX, .and then press save, to save your AIRCRAFT.cfg file.  Now, you will have the same great wake and spray effects that you would expect.

[EFFECTS]
wake = fx_wake      
water= fx_spray

I'm trying it in FSX first and I'm having trouble getting the engines started.  I press the button, hear the starter, oil pressure comes up...plrenty of fuel...no RPM.  Seems simple...and yet. 

I cheated and loaded the de Havilland Beaver and started it and went back.  I've got the throttle at the top of the green arc, oil pressure is red lined and the boat is sitting still...0 knots.  I have to go up into the yellow and oil pressure is really red, to get 8 knots.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

You need to download the speed patch and use control-E to start. The speed patch is at DeltaSim.com and a slew of other board as well...

You need to download the speed patch and use control-E to start

Ah.

Gregg Seipp

Gregg, more info on my edited reply

That did the trick (though, the oil pressure was still through the moon).  Tried in FSX and P3D.  Monterey looks beautiful from the water.  It's interesting...opens up a whole other view of FSX.

Gregg Seipp

That did the trick (though, the oil pressure was still through the moon).  Tried in FSX and P3D.  Monterey looks beautiful from the water.  It's interesting...opens up a whole other view of FSX.

I enjoy flying to my cottage...and then going to the dock for some water time.

Looks quite entertaining.  I should give this a try.  Where does one get the boat?

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Sirocco at CBB7

Spirit

fyN6o.jpg

Wow...now THAT looks nice...but hey..what is my boat doing there?  I've been making the payments!!!!!