western14.jpg

western15.jpg

western16.jpg

western17.jpg

western18.jpg

western19.jpg

western20.jpg

Thanks for viewing!

Have you seen a comparison of your scenery vs orbx global FTX? I really like photoscenery you have using FS Global Ultimate and VFR Generation X and still undecided if I will purchase FTX global or not.

Have you seen a comparison of your scenery vs orbx global FTX? I really like photoscenery you have using FS Global Ultimate and VFR Generation X and still undecided if I will purchase FTX global or not.

I have orbx FTX Global, It's a great product designed to run well on you'r computer but it doesn't have real world color and texture. FS Global Ultimate produces better texture definition.

HLJAMES

I have orbx FTX Global, It's a great product designed to run well on you'r computer but it doesn't have real world color and texture. FS Global Ultimate produces better texture definition.

HLJAMES

I'm more realistic fan so you suggest me not to buy FTX global but photoscenery stuff?

Thank for your help, I was going to purchase FTX global.

Hi,

I'm a purely Orbx/Global guy, but what airfield is that, I'd like to fly a comparison flight later? Fantastic shots, by the way, well done!

Mal.

Great shots.

nebojsa

I'm more realistic fan so you suggest me not to buy FTX global but photoscenery stuff?

High resolution photoscenery will not run on a 7200rpm HDD and the massive file sizes rule out SSDs. This is why you don't see many simmers useing photoscenery.

I'm a purely Orbx/Global guy, but what airfield is that, I'd like to fly a comparison flight later? Fantastic shots, by the way, well done!

The cross country fligtht is from Stornoway to Renbecula.

Love the colors in these screenshots!

There is not much farming so all of the soil has ben washed away

HLJAMES

High resolution photoscenery will not run on a 7200rpm HDD and the massive file sizes rule out SSDs. This is why you don't see many simmers useing photoscenery.

HLJAMES

You re right HDD is fine but you see some loading textures in some parts. That's why I've got a SSD 512Gb not yet installed because I haven't got all my photo realistic for USA yet and want to see how much size they take on my HDD, if it's fine for a 512 SSD then I'll put all on my SSD.

Orbx looks fantastic on Region but not really on Global,

Nice pictures, HL! Thanks for sahring them.

Hi,

Mal.

I'm sorry for going off-topic, but I wanted to pass on a friendly reminder that AVSIM's signature rules have been changed. It is no longer allowed to have your PC specifications in your signature. Please use the tab provided in your profile for this instead.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Best regards,

You re right HDD is fine but you see some loading textures in some parts. That's why I've got a SSD 512Gb not yet installed because I haven't got all my photo realistic for USA yet and want to see how much size they take on my HDD, if it's fine for a 512 SSD then I'll put all on my SSD.

The USA photoscenery has no impact on you'r CPU, system memory. You can completely Max-out image quality and LOD 9.5!

HLJAMES

The USA photoscenery has no impact on you'r CPU, system memory. You can completely Max-out image quality and LOD 9.5!

HLJAMES

I've notice when downloaded on Blueskyscenery that entire California is about 80GB (estimated could be more) and with a 500GB (480GB real) of SSD with FSX and scenery+aircraft... I only have left like 180Gb so I'm a bit crazy to fill that on a SSD I don't even have other states. I think it's not worth it.

As you explai above I agree with you PhotoR. is good on a HDD TBs not SSD but then you will not have flash display of these textures.

I know that Megascenery is over 2TB for full USA !!!

Now I m thinking of ORBX, they are less HD size hungry (average 4Gb) but only have the Pacific Gold N that is North of CA, hope they get the West side soon.

So IMO I guess best with SSD will be ORBX but maybe I could get all these TB scenery on a External USB 3 drive then when need to fly on real scene I will just need to connect the USB drive and select in FSX these scenery.

My question is, can I'll be able then to desactivate ORBX region like Pacific Gold... if I want to fly on realistic scenery? Any ideas?

So IMO I guess best with SSD will be ORBX but maybe I could get all these TB scenery on a External USB 3 drive then when need to fly on real scene I will just need to connect the USB drive and select in FSX these scenery.

If the usb drive cannot deliver about 160 mb/sec you will get blurry textures.

I use two 1TB velociraptors in intel RAID0 for the entire USA photoscenery, the array will move about 340 mb/sec.

The inexpensive way to produce high performance storage in the terrabyte range is RAID0.

HLJAMES

I've test on my external HDD USB3 (Sata 3) with 640 mb/sec max on the paper but for real it's around 115mb/sec it was fine loading some blurries but really not noticeable as it renders fast)

With my SSD, I did not see any improvement speed for loading time (FSX splash screen)

Velociraptor wow the fastest HDD on the matket.

If the usb drive cannot deliver about 160 mb/sec you will get blurry textures.

I use two 1TB velociraptors in intel RAID0 for the entire USA photoscenery, the array will move about 340 mb/sec.

The inexpensive way to produce high performance storage in the terrabyte range is RAID0.

HLJAMES