Sign in to follow this  
fs4fun

SimBrief new features video

I just saw this on YouTube: New features video posted for SimBrief, looks very impressive:

http://youtu.be/xnoJWACp83Y

Some new features appear to be:

• Automatic Alternate selection
  • Pop-up METARs/TAFs
  • Detailed performance profiles
  • Auto CI
  • Recently used routes selection
  • Saved flights
  • Interactive plan map with weather, ETOPS etc
  • Aircraft fleet database

Barry Friedman

Wow, this is amazing.  Every time I consider to buy PFPX, simbrief surprises me with new features I'm looking for.

Great job!

Absolutely fantastic new features at SimBrief. We should all be very thankful to SimBrief  developpers for sharing this (free)  excellent flight plan tool.

Edmundo Azevedo

love the new layout and good to see the vataware Link is up and running.

ZORAN

Its a fantasic piece of kit. and ive used lido, fw:z, jetplanner and phoniex. Gets a thumbs up from me

14ppkc-6.png

I use Simbrief.com all the time and still cannot believe it is free (although I did donate to their project, which I encourage everyone to do). It also creates dispatches for corporate aircraft, which us what I primarily fly, so it is quite versatile.

I own PFPX but I find myself using Sim Brief more and more.

NAX669.png

I like building my own routes, so I use PFPX extensively.  However, as my VA is Simbrief-integrated, I tend to use it quite often too.

sig01.png

You can easily build your own routes on Simbrief.com. Just use Skyvector if you need an interactive chart.

You can easily build your own routes on Simbrief.com. Just use Skyvector if you need an interactive chart.

Can you give a more detailed explanation? would love to be able to build own routes

ZORAN

Can you give a more detailed explanation? would love to be able to build own routes

It's not automatic. You manually set your route using skyvector high and low enroute charts. Then you enter the route you built into simbrief and click on analyze it and if it's OK, generate OFP. After that, just submit your ICAO Flight Plan (you will find it in OFP) for CFMU validation, and if there's no error, your plan is good for release.

BTW if you want to copy/paste your plan from skyvector, click Link, then ^C to copy the URL, then paste it here: http://www.vancina.org/svplan.html. It will extract your plan waypoints from the link and you can then paste into simbrief. Too bad it doesn't add the airways so you still have to add those manually.

Barry Friedman

It's not automatic. You manually set your route using skyvector high and low enroute charts. Then you enter the route you built into simbrief and click on analyze it and if it's OK, generate OFP. After that, just submit your ICAO Flight Plan (you will find it in OFP) for CFMU validation, and if there's no error, your plan is good for release.

Exactly!

Thanks fellas,to easy! and thanks for the link Barry

ZORAN