Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

GPS Ry 2 at KWVI missing waypoints

Of course your way is the correct way to do it.

But we live in a world where there are two providers now, each with their own quirks... And the number of würgarounds seems to grow with O(n!)...

Flight instructor and commercial pilot. Flies everything that has propellers. CFI(A)-SE, CFII, CPL(A)-MEL/SEL/IR TW/CMP/HP/HA

X-Plane core team (Avionics and GPS)

CRJ-200 and 757/777 developer

Follow me on Twitter @XPlanePhil

Anyway - this discussion doesn't help Ryan and the other guys here! Fact is, that this IAF waypoints (defined or not) are not in the list and when I had understand the result correctly - this is a bug (or missing link) in the GPS and not a data issue!

I guess thats the conclusion now ...

Cheers

Richard

richard_stefan.png

Regular AIRAC Updates - Jeppesen worldwide coverage (includes terminal procedures)

Direct link: http://www.navigraph.com

Oh goodness I stirred up the hornets best lol!

Scott - about the IF - I may have done it wrong but pilots ask us all the time to go to IF's and we approve it (assuming their turn inbound is less than 90 degrees). Is that wrong?

The way I read our ATC docs is that we can clear you to the IAF or IF.

Also reference the navdata - it looks like I'm screwed unless I go with Aerosoft because the GPS isn't coded to read IAF's?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ryan, I'd be the last one to second guess your ATC knowledge.  But an IF wouldn't be listed as a transition by the Garmin 430.  You'd see vectors listed first, followed by the IAFs in alphabetical order, and then any transitions charted as part of the approach, also in alphabetical order.  So in the case of the approach you referenced, you'd get, in order, VECTORS LEPWU RISPE SANTY SNS.  The two IAFs would have IA next to them in red, indicating those were IAFs.

Scott

I added the ability to extract the IAFs from the transitions for Beta3.

It will work only with Navigraph data, though. I've reported the missing IAF flags to Aerosoft a few months ago.

jj7Nnt6.png

Flight instructor and commercial pilot. Flies everything that has propellers. CFI(A)-SE, CFII, CPL(A)-MEL/SEL/IR TW/CMP/HP/HA

X-Plane core team (Avionics and GPS)

CRJ-200 and 757/777 developer

Follow me on Twitter @XPlanePhil

Awesome!!! That's service

Of course now you'll ###### off the Aerosoft subscribers lol!

Ryan, I'd be the last one to second guess your ATC knowledge. But an IF wouldn't be listed as a transition by the Garmin 430. You'd see vectors listed first, followed by the IAFs in alphabetical order, and then any transitions charted as part of the approach, also in alphabetical order. So in the case of the approach you referenced, you'd get, in order, VECTORS LEPWU RISPE SANTY SNS. The two IAFs would have IA next to them in red, indicating those were IAFs.

Scott

Ya but you fly more than I do. Check out KTWM RNAV Ry 6. A lot of pilots ask for TARUE.... If they're coming from the south they don't want the IAF.... So we approve. Would you only fly to the IAF then?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ya but you fly more than I do. Check out KTWM RNAV Ry 6. A lot of pilots ask for TARUE.... If they're coming from the south they don't want the IAF.... So we approve. Would you only fly to the IAF then?

Oh, I wish!  As I've noted on a number of occasions, I'm no longer actively flying and haven't been for a decade or so.  I still blue sky getting my medical again and doing a (probably lengthy) BFR, but for now the RW logbook is in mothballs.

Vectors and FOSUP are the only choices from the Garmin (I just double-checked and verified on the Garmin trainer).  I expect what these pilots are doing if they're coming from the south is loading the approach using FOSUP and then skipping over the first leg, jumping direct to TARUE.

And BTW, let me add my kudos to Philipp and Richard as well for the rapid response to Ryan's issue.  Well done guys.

Scott

Thank you Philipp, I'm sure Aerosoft will fix this issue in his database latest for the final version because I'm sure that the information is in the Lido database too!

Thanks for fixing and thanks to Ryan and Scott for the explanation in this case! Had learned a lot again in this posting!

Cheers

Richard

richard_stefan.png

Regular AIRAC Updates - Jeppesen worldwide coverage (includes terminal procedures)

Direct link: http://www.navigraph.com