Sign in to follow this  
vortex95

Low FPS in Prepar3d v2.2

Hello all Simmers,

Thought I would turn to the forums for help with my aggravating issue. I just recently upgraded to a new system. Here are my specs.

-AMD FX-8350 4.0Mhz

-GTX 760 4Gb

-8Gb ram

Tried FSX with it at first, and never worked out. At large airports like LAX with default everything, I still got 15-fps. So today I decided to get Prepar3d. Everything looks amazing, however, with QWSim 757 at KJFK default scenery, I have 6-fps. Really bums me out. I though that the upgrade to the new system and new sim would end my FPS problems. Here are also my Settings.

Scenery=

Terrain Settings- all less than half

Scenery object- Sparse

water detail- medium

reflections- none

special effects- medium

Lighting- everything at none or 0m

Weather- clear skies

Traffic- saw it never really made a difference, so i know its not this. 

Any suggestions or Comments would be GREATLY appreciated. Hopefully soon I'll be able to enjoy this world just as everyone else is. 

Is this QWSim 757 compatible for P3D v2?

Spirit

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "P3D Tips and Tricks" to "The Prepar3d General Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Is this QWSim 757 compatible for P3D v2?

Spirit

From what I have read it is. The installer isn't for P3D though.

Without having a P3D v2 installer I doubt that it is compatible. Do you have also problems when using a standard P3D v2 plane?

Spirit

The F-22 doesn't show any lag at all. I'll install a native Carenado plane later tonight and I'll let you know if the problem still persist.

Stuff that does not have a P3D installer can cause problems.  If you are seeing problems that might be cause because an aircraft does not have a P3D installer, try using a default aircraft or one that does have a P3D installer and see how that performs.  Also, make sure Aero is on if you are using Windows7.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Okay right now I am at LAX, default scenery, and have used both the default Baron and addon Metroliner from Razbam. Both yielded low FPS with the same settings I described in my first post. Also, can you explain what Aero is, MikeT707? Not familiar with that. 

Use Google to look for Windows Aero. Not available anymore with Windows 8 and 8.1

Spirit