Sign in to follow this  
schmo

Strange Problem with buttons and switches in VC

That´s the only line that I was wondering about too. But to change it like you told me brought no success.

I'm out of ideas, unfortunately.

Try support.precisionmanuals.com to see what they have to say.

Kyle Rodgers

Sorry to necro this thread but apart from finding a repaint that works (and haven't installed a new one in a long time) I have exactly the same symptoms. 

In the 777 everything works fine and I've looked at SimConnect settings as well as shifted the viewpoint around.

What was the solution to this issue please?

P3D?

That's a lot of spend and planning to down the line now that memory management is a lot better but in the meantime I just wondered if someone had found a fix for Schmo before submitting a ticket.

That's a lot of spend and planning to down the line now that memory management is a lot better but in the meantime I just wondered if someone had found a fix for Schmo before submitting a ticket.

I'm not sure. I can't remember what the resolution of the ticket was either (or if one was sent in).

Kyle Rodgers

I'm not sure. I can't remember what the resolution of the ticket was either (or if one was sent in).

No worries Kyle, I've PM'd Schmo as well in case he remembers.

Now I am suddenly suffering from this.  Half the buttons work but all the MDF's, CDU's a half of the upper panel switches/knobs can't be clicked on... -_-     This just RANDOMLY started.      I've hunted all over the web for an answer.     I tried deleting all the INI files for each livery in the PMDG folder and letting the sim rebuild them and that seemed to work but the very next time I came back in to fly the SAME day the same plane had no clickable functionality again.   I have re-installed all versions of SimConnect.    I've reloaded the livery with the Ops Center.    It is driving me insane......

Also running as Admin.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Now I am suddenly suffering from this.  Half the buttons work but all the MDF's, CDU's a half of the upper panel switches/knobs can't be clicked on... -_-     This just RANDOMLY started.      I've hunted all over the web for an answer.     I tried deleting all the INI files for each livery in the PMDG folder and letting the sim rebuild them and that seemed to work but the very next time I came back in to fly the SAME day the same plane had no clickable functionality again.   I have re-installed all versions of SimConnect.    I've reloaded the livery with the Ops Center.    It is driving me insane......

Also running as Admin.

That seems like quite a lot for all of the things that are mostly, or wholly unrelated to the function of things in the VC. In the future, save yourself some time and just submit a ticket.

Is this a default livery we've provided or something someone provided as a third party?

Kyle Rodgers

That seems like quite a lot for all of the things that are mostly, or wholly unrelated to the function of things in the VC. In the future, save yourself some time and just submit a ticket.

Is this a default livery we've provided or something someone provided as a third party?

It's one I've painted and have used for a good year now.  When the panels stop working a full system reboot does fix the problem but I don't subscribe to the 'Reboot your system before every flight' mentality that some take.  It is not necessary.. or rather, hasn't been necessary.    I also like to see if there is a solution already before I really bother you guys with tickets.   Look before you leap.   I am sure it's probably something else interfering with it but I can't imagine what unless something is hijacking SimConnect.  The VC requires this to function correct?

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

It's one I've painted and have used for a good year now.  When the panels stop working a full system reboot does fix the problem but I don't subscribe to the 'Reboot your system before every flight' mentality that some take.  It is not necessary.. or rather, hasn't been necessary.    I also like to see if there is a solution already before I really bother you guys with tickets.   Look before you leap.   I am sure it's probably something else interfering with it but I can't imagine what unless something is hijacking SimConnect.  The VC requires this to function correct?

I appreciate the gesture of keeping unnecessary things out of the queue, but for the more 'industrious' people here, do keep in mind that some of the more 'advanced' techniques of trying to get things to work - deleting various files and so on - can actually do more harm than good, and then we might have an even worse problem on our hands.

The VC does require SimConnect to function, yes. I'd ask if you have a migration tool installed, but then I'd be regurgitating the info you provided to us in the first place. Any other utilities you're running? Are you sure it's just in your one add-on livery? If so, have you changed the tail number on it at all (in the sim screens, not on the images)? Basically, ensure that the .ini file matches the ATC ident in the cfg.

Kyle Rodgers

I appreciate the gesture of keeping unnecessary things out of the queue, but for the more 'industrious' people here, do keep in mind that some of the more 'advanced' techniques of trying to get things to work - deleting various files and so on - can actually do more harm than good, and then we might have an even worse problem on our hands.

The VC does require SimConnect to function, yes. I'd ask if you have a migration tool installed, but then I'd be regurgitating the info you provided to us in the first place. Any other utilities you're running? Are you sure it's just in your one add-on livery? If so, have you changed the tail number on it at all (in the sim screens, not on the images)? Basically, ensure that the .ini file matches the ATC ident in the cfg.

I did the tail number shuffle.   I saw that was a possible solution you had mentioned to others.  It happens on more than just the one livery though.   It is so random.    I can fly 6 flights for the day without a hitch then come back tomorrow to fly and magically, half the cockpit stops functioning.   I system reboot SO FAR has gotten rid of the issue when it pops up.   My gut is telling me something is screwing up the SimConnect interfacing with the VC.

I do have the migration tool installed but PMDG is flagged 0 in their INI.   This was required to stop that other problem I mentioned where the PMDG would load in before the sim was ready.  This was linked to the Migration tool scanning the PMDG.   You flag it 0, problem goes away.

Other utilities that run on every flight;   FSUIPC, A2A Accu-sim 2.0, Pro ATC/X, EzDOK Camera, Ultimate Traffic 2, Active Sky NEXT.   These all boot up with each flight.   I have a very add-on laden simulator and for the most part (90% of the time) it runs great.   10% of the time something like this button/switch thing rears it's ugly head.    So much going on under the hood with a heavy sim it can be hard to pin point it.

100454.png

Brian Navy

I did the tail number shuffle.   I saw that was a possible solution you had mentioned to others.  It happens on more than just the one livery though.   It is so random.    I can fly 6 flights for the day without a hitch then come back tomorrow to fly and magically, half the cockpit stops functioning.   I system reboot SO FAR has gotten rid of the issue when it pops up.   My gut is telling me something is screwing up the SimConnect interfacing with the VC.

This could also be caused by an intermittent issue with your mobo. ASUS boards had a timing issue from a while ago. Not sure if you have an ASUS board, but it's a possibility if you do. My computer suffered through this periodically for a while and then it just disappeared. Caused issues with wireless and the sim for a few months, and then it was like nothing ever happened.

Kyle Rodgers

This could also be caused by an intermittent issue with your mobo. ASUS boards had a timing issue from a while ago. Not sure if you have an ASUS board, but it's a possibility if you do. My computer suffered through this periodically for a while and then it just disappeared. Caused issues with wireless and the sim for a few months, and then it was like nothing ever happened.

Yep.  My entire rig is ASUS.  I am a huge ASUS ######.  Running an ASUS Sabertooth II X79 and ASUS GTX 980 video system.  :)    Well.  It's not a big deal really.  I'll live with it for now.  If others come in and pester you guys with the same issue I'll be interested to know if it's more than just a glitch Mobo.   Thanks for the responses.  You guys are tops as usual.

100454.png

Brian Navy

Incidentally I'm using an Asus Mobo, P6T (i7 920 @ 3.8Ghz) with an ASUS STRIX 970.

Since am looking to build a new rig within a couple of weeks and will be migrating my PMDG fleet into P3D (fresh installs into fresh OS) then there is no point submitting a ticket at this time for me.