Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

Need a home base for my Citation X. Any suggestions?

I recently purchased Eaglesoft's Citation X bizjet (great plane!), and I'd like to establish a home-base to fly out of. Preferably, I'd like to find an airport that fits the following qualifications:1) Has some freeware or inexpensive payware scenery (fps friendly) upgrades available2) Located in the continental US or Canada3) Large enough for steady airliner traffic but not the largest in a particular region4) 5,000ft runway available5) Interesting surrounding sceneryAny suggestions?

Teretboro (KTEB) is a neat airport for corporate flights, but that fails a lot of your requirements (most notably no good add-on scenery). Although there are lots of other nearby enhancements to the NY/NJ area. San Diego might work for the west coast. The FlyTampa scenery is excellent and is very easy on the frames. In winter I take my Citation down to the Caribbean for a little nicer weather. Lots of nice scenery down there.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest panda234

La Guardia fits the bill, I think. It might be too big, but at least it's not as big as JFK. This will be an interesting post to watch, probably some good airports get mentioned here...billg

There is a good free addon airport available for Salt Lake City, Utah; then you can pretend to be flying corporate snow bunnies in and out of Colorado and Utah ski resorts. ricardo