Sign in to follow this  
Guest RonB49

Engine Starting / Shutting down.

Guest sb55mv

Hi Guy's.I'm stumped on this one, and wondered if anyone had any ideas.my mate's aircraft all shutdown their engines when we set/start a flight, even with a default flight set-up with everything running.he has the latest FSUIPC etc, and uses the PSS planes, and default.for example, I went round there and created a flight with the default Cessna at an airport, then checked that all the electrics were on, and actually switched on, the strobes etc were all working,and the radios too.but when pressing the button to start the engine it goes through the usual start process then just stops again, no matter what I do.I am completely confused as to why this is happening and welcome any suggestions please.many thanks,

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi. In the vc when yuo pan down towards the floor you will see the fuel cut off lever. Mebbe that could be the problem? It is shown in the 2d panel in a pop-up window but I can't think which one so have directed you to the vc. Phew.

Guest RonB49

I think that it is on the main 2D panel. I also believe that you can turn on the fuel with the Ctrl+Shift+F4 key chord. R-

Guest sb55mv

Hi Guy's.thanks for the replys, but no.it's not the fuel cut off thing, as even when flying the A330 and starting it manualy and switching on the fuel it still does the same thing.thanks again though.

Guest RonB49

Have you tried setting the Realism adjustments all the way to the left and see if the plane keeps running. If its not fuel, then I'm thinking battery and things like that. R-

I have a similar problem with the stock C172 on cold start. It won't start by turning the key - the engine just churns then stops. However it starts OK using CTRL-E.Any ideas?

Guest j-mo

Try Control+E and monitoring all switches, gauges, etc. You might notice something changing that you've overlooked.

Guest racartron

This may sound silly, but did you check to see there is fuel in the tanks? I seen on a few occasions, when switching planes, the tanks turn up empty for no apparent reason. Once I spent several hours trying to get various planes to fire up but to no avail.When all else failed, I checked the tanks and was shocked to discover they were bone dry.It still happens rarely, but now I check the fuel first.-------------------Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember whatifdgsupport.jpg

Guest nutmeat

You might also check the mixture control, if on a piston engine aircraft. I found that, at an airport above 4000 feet or so, I could not get the Real Air SF260 to start unless the mixture was full rich. Other aircraft (and real life) do not require full rich to start at higher altitude airports. I also crack the throttle a bit on cold starts. Also check for fuel pump ON.Larry S.