Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

Pro ATC X

Does RC work with P3D?

Thanks, Bruce.

Yes my RC works fine in p3d been using it sence p3d v2 came out.

I also use pro atcx and it works ok but i would wait until the update. pro atcx has some good things about it but you have to learn alot of work arounds

look guys there will never be an upfate more for proatcx,cant you see what rjord is doing?mourad is rjord!! he just try to keep people buying the program,

by telling there is an update underway.You will not see anymore updates on proatcx trust me

look guys there will never be an upfate more for proatcx,cant you see what rjord is doing?mourad is rjord!! he just try to keep people buying the program,

by telling there is an update underway.You will not see anymore updates on proatcx trust me

I'm not a PRO ATC X fan, that's true.

But the theory that Mourad is Roy is a bit tooooo abstruse.

The first question would be: why should he do that? The main complaint is, that Mourad is absent from his customers, so why should he waste this value time to be another person and make the paying customers even angrier?

Secondly Roys posting times match with Australien times as far as I can see.

Mourad is from Germany.

I can't tell if there will be an update or not in the future.

The current behave of the dev and the support with this buggy software demands a very, very perfect and free update! Then I will probably change my opinion about that "company".

Till then, everybody is free to choose if he will spend his money to them ...

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think i will purchase PFE guys seems more bang in your buck and does more than RC its a hard one for sure but think its going to be PFE rather than RC

Vernon Howells

I have RC4, VoxATC and ProATC. I no longer use RC4 because of the way it handles departure and arrival procedures.

In order to help you make up your mind, here are a couple of videos:

First a short video with ProATC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWm69qu6azs

Then full flights for both:

http://www.twitch.tv/virtualfreightdog/b/534014964 (ProATC)

http://www.twitch.tv/virtualfreightdog/b/534935185 (VoxATC)

From the full flights, you can compare how both programs sound (voice quality, background chatter) and work (TOD handling and vectoring).

I think i will purchase PFE guys seems more bang in your buck and does more than RC its a hard one for sure but think its going to be PFE rather than RC

PFE has a fairly complicated setup for each flight. RC4 is very simple and does everything well. The only drawback is that it doesn't have tons of voice sets so that is the only advantage I see that PFE has over RC4. Either way I hope you like whichever program you get. 

I no longer use RC4 because of the way it handles departure and arrival procedures.

Could you explain what the program does that you don't like? I'm curious if I have run into this issue or not. 

Well guys thats me downloading PFE can i get the co pilot to control atc with mce?

Vernon Howells

I no longer use RC4 because of the way it handles departure and arrival procedures.

Could you explain what the program does that you don't like? I'm curious if I have run into this issue or not. 

Of course (but don't get me wrong, RC4 is a great software and always wished, that RC5 would have been developed), so here we go:

1) No SID or STAR names in the clearance

2) I have an AirHauler base at EDDV and fly out of there a lot. EDDV has SIDs that end really far from the airport. The distance is greater than the (50nm?) distance, that RC4 allows to freely navigate during departure.

Here is what happens. When my autopilot is flying bang in the middle of the SID, RC4 tells me, that I have deviated from my route and to fly heading XXX. This is because RC4 things, that my SID flying should have already ended, but I still haven't reached the last waypoint.

3) On arrival, I don't like the command "reach altitude XXXX within 20nm" (or something similar).

Then there is the vectoring in high terrain, but that is a problem for all of the ATC programs I have used so far.

So glad this topic is here on avsim. Hope the pro atc/x devs see this and realize how they shot themselves in the foot in the way they handled things over in their forum. 

Kacper Nowotynski

Jeez the more I read about ATC addons, the more I decide to stick with default. I'm not confident any of them live up to the quality I expect at this point.

bladderboy i agree just spent some time installing pfe and its so complicated to get up and running am actually rajing

Vernon Howells

been 2 hours and had enough of pfe trying to get it to run

Vernon Howells