Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

Pro ATC X

It would be most unfortunate if that were to happen. Do any beta testers comment on that forum? Are there any beta testers?

For something as complicated as an ATC program they're absolutely essential. We tested RC4 for months and found lots of things that needed fixing. But the main thing is that when RC4 was released it worked. People need Pro-ATCX to work and deserve support. If anyone has it and could try my test and report their findings on that forum the response would be most interesting.

Ray, I have to agree with Rick 100%. It is a sad state of affairs for sure. There has been many offers to help the Dev, but have been ignored or refused outright.

I firmly believe there is no update, and as the dev has abandoned a previous ATC software for fs9 before, I think the same applies to PATC-X.

It was my purchase of PATC that cured me of buying unfinished addons, and I don't think I am the only one.

He (Dev) has not shown any concern whatsoever about the bad publicity, which tells me he does not intend to continue with the development.

Anyway, I have returned to using the tried and trusted RC4 and PFE, and a lesson has been learned.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Hi Julian,

Not keeping customers updated with work in progress is pretty bad really. We all understand there may be genuine reasons why an update is delayed and if the author was open about it I'm sure most reasonably minded people would understand. Silence is commercial suicide.

If you bought through a 3rd party company like Aerosoft there may be a case for a partial or full refund if it can be proved the software is not fulfilling its requirement. That could be tricky though.

Once bitten... :unsure:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Still no atc voice guys! Sending my files to david on PFE see what solution he has :)

Vernon Howells

It would be most unfortunate if that were to happen. Do any beta testers comment on that forum? Are there any beta testers?

I was the very first beta tester for this product and extremely proud of it (had to purchase it first though). When it was first released, everyone was afraid to buy it because of the cost. I jumped right in and found a lot of issues that were quickly fixed by Mourad. Others jumped in too and a forum was set up by the developers and we were able to get the product to its current version. Personally I'm happy with the product as I have always stated we need a co-pilot handling many of the functions when flying the heavies. I love the fact that I can turn the controls over to the co-pilot at any time and he will fly the aircraft to the destination while I'm sitting a wing view watching all the photoscenery go by. Does RC do that? I'm a proud owner of PFE and RC too. PFE is too difficult to set up and RC, well, RC hasn't seen an update for some time.

On a flight from EGCC (Manchester) to EGLL (Heathrow) we were initially cleared to a flight level of 55. That's not a good start. Real world ATC would never clear to such a flight level.

This would never happen if the individual who was running the program would have properly set up the flight plan and loaded it properly. IMHO, with the current version it would be impossible for anyone given clearance to FL550 if the flight plan had been properly completed. That's with any piece of software. If it is not properly set up, you will probably see issues.

I just want to make it clear that the product is not as bad as many think or are stating. I know everyone would love to see ProATC seeing AI aircraft but that function is already available with the default (ProATC actually does "see" some AI aircraft as it will not allow you to takeoff if other aircraft are on approach - uh, most of the time). While using ProATC, you can easily enable the default AI program and have that ATC running in the background too. I suspect you can also enable RC and use that for takeoffs and landings since it sometimes sees AI on the ground and provides the requisite clearances. I haven't tried that as, well, haven't reinstalled RC for some time and I like ProATC as is. I would like to see ProATC upgraded one day for P3DV2. I would love to see RC upgraded one day too.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim, Leaving aside the Co pilot function, how do you feel about the ATC procedures as this is after all a replacement ATC program.

Could Avsim perhaps contact Mourad for an interview, a chance to discuss his plans for the product and his progress towards the total rewrite of the code.

I would think any developer would respond to this as a great way to get news of his project out there.

PFE has had a virtual CP who could take care of all radio interaction or fly the plane for you since day one as far as I can remember, its certainly not new. And if you cant get PFE setup and flying in a couple of minutes, how on earth do you manage to fly a commercial airliner, its far simpler than flying a plane. Setting up PFE takes me about 45 seconds for a simple VFR flight and about double that if I need to put a SID or STAR in and check the enroute altitudes are OK.

Cheers, Andy.

Jim, Leaving aside the Co pilot function, how do you feel about the ATC procedures as this is after all a replacement ATC program.

Hey Mad Dog!

You may think it is a replacement ATC program by its name but it is not. If you look on the main page of the website, the developers clearly state:

"For the communication between pilot/copilot and controllers or between pilot and copilot, we have recorded sound files specifically for PRO-ATC/X. The result is a highly realistic pronunciation."

"Additionally, authentic sound files can be played as background ATC which are frequency and coordinate dependent. That means you'll hear ATC originating from the country you are flying over, the radar sector you are in or even the airport you are taking-off from or landing at. Many sound files have been implemented and numerous additional recordings are available on different web sites for free. You can make use of the wizard we have integrated to configure and enhance the sophistication of background ATC."

"The actual traffic (AI) continues to be controlled by Flight Simulator X but is detected and considered by PRO-ATC/X. That means you won't get a clearance for takeoff when an aircraft is on final approach or still on the runway."

As far as an interview with the developer, that is up to him. My understanding is that he has not been in good health. I would love to see further enhancements to this program in the future.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I was the very first beta tester for this product and extremely proud of it (had to purchase it first though).When it was first released, everyone was afraid to buy it because of the cost. I jumped right in and found a lot of issues that were quickly fixed by Mourad.

Ouch! Isn't that in the wrong order Jim? The definition of beta testing is testing before the product is released. The bugs are ironed out and the released product should then be fit for purpose. Beta testers are usually approached privately and if they agree are given a free copy and adhere to a NDA. The fact that you only tested AFTER release is concerning. No reflection on you of course.

The least he should have done was refund you. It also confirms my suspicions that it wasn't beta-tested prior to release.

Personally I'm happy with the product as I have always stated we need a co-pilot handling many of the functions when flying the heavies. I love the fact that I can turn the controls over to the co-pilot at any time and he will fly the aircraft to the destination while I'm sitting a wing view watching all the photoscenery go by. Does RC do that?

Yes, RC4 co-pilot can handle comms and the standard FS autopilot. What it cannot do is control autopilots on aircraft such as the PMDG range or FSLabs ConcordeX but then again I guess Pro-ATC/X can't either.

I'm a proud owner of PFE and RC too. PFE is too difficult to set up and RC, well, RC hasn't seen an update for some time.

Agreed RC4 hasn't been updated for a while but we were never going to update v4 any way. Development on v5 ceased after quite a bit was changed but sadly it won't see the light of day.

This would never happen if the individual who was running the program would have properly set up the flight plan and loaded it properly. IMHO, with the current version it would be impossible for anyone given clearance to FL550 if the flight plan had been properly completed. That's with any piece of software. If it is not properly set up, you will probably see issues.

I think you misunderstand. I didn't say the flight plan had a cruise level of 550. Clearly that would be ridiculous for a 140 mile flight. The Cruise was FL220 and it was the Pro-ATC/X clearance controller who assigned that flight level. It was 5,500ft or FL55.

I just want to make it clear that the product is not as bad as many think or are stating.

I know everyone would love to see ProATC seeing AI aircraft but that function is already available with the default (ProATC actually does "see" some AI aircraft as it will not allow you to takeoff if other aircraft are on approach - uh, most of the time). While using ProATC, you can easily enable the default AI program and have that ATC running in the background too. I would love to see RC upgraded one day too.

I'm only commenting on things I personally experienced and I was able to 'break' it quite quickly by disobeying an instruction. Pretty basic stuff really. Sorry but for something costing 50 Euros I'd expect functionality to be included. You shouldn't need to enable the default. Me too! :smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Delighted for you Vernon.  Now go have fun with it;-)

i fixed it guys found this link from dmarch

Vernon, I am so glad you stuck with it. way to go man

firehawk44 pro actx works fine with pr3d been using it and rc 

regards Ted

That's good information Ted. I've heard of others having problems because of simconnect. Thanks!

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

This PFE is a nightmare to run and understand.

it all goes pete tong once i get airborne and fly my sid.  I just assigned a sid to fl060 and soon as i hit that alt atc says resume own nav so i continue on my star and still havent got atc clearance to climb higher yet and i think i've just messed up a good flight because of this.

also in PFE alt adjustment menu the cruising alt are usually higher than from my PFPX PLAN? and some waypoints have different alt also its completey messed my fp up this has.

this atc is messed up am still stuck at my sid alt of 6000 without atc am half way through my route i requested a higher alt gave fl430? (which it thinks am at fl410) i give up now its meant to be an ATC addon not a flight planner i have PFPX thats enough to deal with plus 737 ngx i havent got the time to mess about with this

Vernon Howells

another flight wasted

cruising alt fl390 atc tells me to climb to 220 and then 320 and i wait and wait and wait and wait and by this time i have reached my tod 

Vernon Howells