Sign in to follow this  
Don t moderate me this way

Update: Aerosoft Airbus Projects Preview

And what does pmdg  got  to do with aerosoft Airbus update 

Two different approaches to wx radar:

PMDG interfaces with ASN only (external application).

Aerosoft interfaces with weather within FSX, so a number of wx engines are supported.

Looks like the AS radar will still yield plausible, but not precise results:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/82081-airbus-projects-preview/?p=587714

Ah k thx  for the info

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

The WX Radar will not work with ASN upon release, just so you guys know.

Not doubting you but are you sure?

Eric 

Having read the aerosoft forumn the payment is fine by me.

You get what you pay for in life, and i find aerosoft (and Mathias) very highly respectable and proffesional people and companies, when you look at the likes of other companies (wilco, bbs etc etc)

There support is fantasic and they never lead anyone down the garden path, I cant say a bad word about them,

I will also be buying the 319 and 330 on day one.

14ppkc-6.png

Love their 320/321 and will buy this as soon as it's released.

Richie Walsh

Not doubting you but are you sure?

AS are looking into the ASN issue, but haven't found a solution yet.

Release of the A318/319 is at least(!) one month away.

So, until release, the issue could or could not be solved.

Very fair considering the amount of working being put into the new project. To be honest, for an aircraft like the A330 which does not exist in a high quality form for FSX or any simulator I would pay pretty much anything.

It will get very interesting very soon on the Airbus front as we can be certain to hopefully have the FSL A320, the full A32X collection from AS and also finally an A330 from hopefully both FSL and AS! NLS should also eventually get their A380 out sometime too which is looking promising! The future is very bright.

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

If the frames are improved by 3 or 4 fps it will be worth it for me.  My computer needs all the fps it can get with 320.  I can achieve 12-15 in most payware scenery.  With a boost of several more frames will make it more enjoyable.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Well the reasoning is completely disingenuous isn't it?  

"Because most of the core systems have been changed totally it is NOT possible to update the old products. This was our initial plan but unfortunately no longer an option."

If the A320 is a complete rewrite, fine, why can't the promised upgrade be delivered by a fresh download activated by the old key?  That's done commonly and whether there's an additional payment is a separate issue.

To be fair, the offer of a free upgrade to include the A318/319 was always a generous one.  PMDG didn't do that with the B737 600/700 for example.  However, Aerosoft weren't required to make such an offer and shouldn't have made it if they couldn't be sure of delivering on it.

ngxu_banner.png

Agreed, AS have delivered versions 1.10 and 1.15, for example, as fresh full installers, which used the old serial keys. So I think their statement is not meant in a technical sense, but in a commercial sense.

But then again, the combo of the A318/319 and the upgrade of the A320/321 to v2.0 will be only 5 EUR more than just the conversion from the A320/321 (v1.16) to the A318/319. Still no bad deal.

Or, alternatively, giving up the A320/321, getting the A319 (v2.0) instead, plus the "steeply approaching" A318 for 20 EUR, concurring with their long-term price announcement, is also a viable option for me.

It doesn't make sense them doing yet another 320/321. I may get the 318/319 on release aswell as the 330, but for the 320/321 - I think I'll stick with the FSLabs 320.

If you buy all 5 Airbus models from Aerosoft, using their pricing model, I assume it will likely cost less than or the same as the FSLabs A320. That's just unreal when you think about it. I'm sure the FSLabs A320 will be stellar, but Aerosoft has a leg up for me:

1) More different Airbus models for my dollar

2) Better looking models and VC (my opinion, based on what I have seen from both developers).

3) Aetosoft simulates almost every system you need for a typical flight. I personally just don't have an interest in systems that are encountered less that 1% of the time in the real world. I'm not criticizing those that want every system modelled. FSLabs will fill that need perfectly.

No doubt Aerosoft will attract a good 95% or more of Airbus fans with these 5 models.

Todd

i have to disagree.I dont use any airbus but as i can see from pictures and videos.Both companies are aiming for all customers yes both fsl and aerosoft.I will not discuss about blackbox and airsimmer

1) pricing.Of course fsl have invested more money for their product but i am 100% that it will totally worth any reasonable price and wait.

you pay what you get.

2) If you check the new update from fsl it has much better and reaslistic VC than aerosoft.Aerosoft airbus has a nice vc texturing but i think it's a bit cartoonish comparing with othe devs

3)Yes they simulate every system but the point is how all the systems work togethe, how realistic are, and of course how the fbw system works .I am sure only one developer has achieved to simulate 99,9999% of an airbus and yes it' s fsl

but FSL hasnt been released yet, until it does, I dont know why people bother debating it.

However on the other hand, if in the same week, the aerosoft 319, FSL and the QW787 where released, then I would be a happy man and would definatly consider sending Mrs Tooting and her pain in the &@($* best mate away on a staff ticket to Palma and have 5 days to "myself"...

14ppkc-6.png

I don't like the idea of effectively paying for a patch to the existing aircraft.  I have no problems with paying for the additional models.  For those people defending the pricing; how would you feel if PMDG charged £10 for the 777 SP1?

Ian R Tyldesley