Sign in to follow this  
Don t moderate me this way

Update: Aerosoft Airbus Projects Preview

I don't like the idea of effectively paying for a patch to the existing aircraft.  I have no problems with paying for the additional models.  For those people defending the pricing; how would you feel if PMDG charged £10 for the 777 SP1?

I tend to agree. I have the pogo with AP on at altitude issue and would like a patch for that. I'm not interested in the extra features really.

They should put out a patch to fix actual bugs AND can also offer an payware update for the new features.

They should put out a patch to fix actual bugs AND can also offer an payware update for the new features.

Agreed, I don't want to be paying a small fee for the exact same model, it just doesn't seem right....ok it may be brand new code and detailed differently, but for what its worth I don't see the point in charging for another series of the 320/321 - they've released two different payware versions of the A320/321 already.... :rolleyes:

Yeah I agree with you guys. At least release the fixes for free. I just got the extended, I don't want to buy another A320/321.

But I guess I'll be able to get the A319 with these new features without getting the A320/21 right?

Yeah I agree with you guys. At least release the fixes for free. I just got the extended, I don't want to buy another A320/321.

But I guess I'll be able to get the A319 with these new features without getting the A320/21 right?

From the description from Aerosoft's staff - yes. The new features will be released with the A319 first and then copied over to the A320.

All they're doing for the A320/21 is adding the features of the A319; nothing special (at least not that I've heard of). So as an example, for me, I'm only purchasing the A319 for the new features. If I need the A320, I have my already heavily modded A320 Extended with all of my custom gauge configurations. No need to get another one unless you really want the same new features on the 320/21.

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

Kind of funny (not to say ridiculous) that people keep arguing that Aerosoft should not charge the customers for the hundreds of development hours they have spent to significantly improve the product (and not just fix some bugs). What kind of world do you guys live in? You also don't get paid for your work?

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Kind of funny (not to say ridiculous) that people keep arguing that Aerosoft should not charge the customers for the hundreds of development hours they have spent to significantly improve the product (and not just fix some bugs). What kind of world do you guys live in? You also don't get paid for your work?

I think a lot of people will be annoyed because everyone was pitched an update that fixed bugs which turned into a functionality upgrade and are now expected to pay for it or stick with what surely must then be termed as a bugged product? Personally I will buy all the updates because AS has always discounted my previous purchases such as Airbus X to AXE which makes this fine with me. I think the original Airbus X was completely inferior to the AXE and I effectively got that upgrade for 20 Euros which is great value. I can understand why people may be annoyed though because you don't expect an update to be paid for, a model update such as the 318/319 yes but not an update which not just adds functionality but more crucially fixes bugs with what you have already purchased.

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

It was not smart from Aerosoft to announce an update free of charge (most likely at that point in time underestimating the work required for it) and now they have to change that opinion. That was a mistake. However, it is perfectly fair to charge a fee for a substantial improvement of the product. This is what most other developers do as well. Oh yeah: Now the PMDG guys will step in and argue that they don't charge for their SPs. Yeah, right. If you already charge more than double the price in the beginning, then you have already paid for the SP with your initial purchase price. That's the only difference. And when you look at the very fair pricing scheme of Aerosoft, you essentially pay 5 Euros for the update to the A320/321 (when you also purchase the A318/319, which is a new product). Not really worth arguing... And a final word for the FSL fans: Happy waiting until 2025! ;-)

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Carlo, you must've missed the opening post by Mathijs?

So when you compare this product to competing products do compare it with products in the same price range.

That's not the issue.  When we bought the AXE we were given to understand that the A318/319 would be added free of charge at a later date.  Now we have to pay for it.  It was reasonable to assume that when they made the statement, they'd assessed how much work was involved and if it's proved to be more than they expected, surely that ought to be their risk, not ours?

Also, as others have noted, it appears that what amount to AXE bug fixes are now available only via payware upgrades which bundle them together with other stuff (e.g. the "redone" and "tweaked" and "fixed" items in the list).  Irrespective of the pricing of the base model, PMDG or otherwise, I don't think of heard of anyone charging for Service Packs.   

ngxu_banner.png

Oh yeah: Now the PMDG guys will step in and argue that they don't charge for their SPs. Yeah, right. If you already charge more than double the price in the beginning, then you have already paid for the SP with your initial purchase price.

Not sure about your maths there...  The 737NGX is currently $70..or around £40 the Aerosoft Airbus x-tended is 40 euros...or £33.  Add the cost of the update £10 makes the total cost £43, or even more expensive than the NGX and excluding the in depth modelling.

Ian R Tyldesley

That's not the issue.  When we bought the AXE we were given to understand that the A318/319 would be added free of charge at a later date.  (...)

Sorry, this point of your post is not quite true: Improvements modelled into the A318/319 should have been available for the A320/321 at no additional cost, but not the A318/319 variants.

Not sure about your maths there...  The 737NGX is currently $70..or around £40 the Aerosoft Airbus x-tended is 40 euros...or £33.  Add the cost of the update £10 makes the total cost £43, or even more expensive than the NGX and excluding the in depth modelling.

Correct and for another example: Converting from the A320/321 to the A318/319 will cost me 40 EUR (A320/321) + 20 EUR (A318/319) = 60 EUR ... but I would lose the two A320/321 models and fly only the A318/319 models.

For 65 EUR I could fly A318 thru' to A321, all upgraded. (All prices incl. VAT.)

Yes you're right Olli that the 318/319 were not going to be free, and they shouldn't have to be.

But the bug fixes for the 20/21 should be. I think with enough conversations happening about it they might just release the fixes for free, they're a good company

Yes you're right Olli that the 318/319 were not going to be free, and they shouldn't have to be.

But the bug fixes for the 20/21 should be. I think with enough conversations happening about it they might just release the fixes for free, they're a good company

Sorry, Lee, my previous post was a little unclear about that: We would have gotten the improvements AND the bugfixes for free.

Sorry, this point of your post is not quite true: Improvements modelled into the A318/319 should have been available for the A320/321 at no additional cost, but not the A318/319 variants.

Hmm well I'm sure you're right then Olli.

ngxu_banner.png

so what would we need to do if we have the airbus extended and we wanted to get the A318-A319 so we have both aircraft the A318, A319 A320 A321 im confused on if i get the a319-a318 i wont have the Airbus X a320-A321 can soeone clarify what will happen