Sign in to follow this  
Trevor2497

Just Bought Rex 4 Texture Direct.. Now What?

I just bought Rex 4, and i already have Rex Essentials. I don't know if i'm supposed to take out the Rex Essential textures before I load the Rex 4 ones in. Does anyone know what to do, and sorry if i'm not being clear about my situation.

Thanks 

Trevor

No need to revert back or anything, REX4 will overwrite the old textures with the new ones of your choice:-)

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

You can simply load REX4 textures replacing/overwriting the old ones, no need to go back to default P3D variants first. You can always back up your current set should you wish too... You can also mix-and-match REX Essentials and REX4 textures, though the old sky’s in particular do not work as well as the new ones, with REX4 being developed to directly support V2's lighting.

EDIT: Beat me too it Tom :P

I would personally how ever recommend that you revert to original textures in the old REX 1st. So just reinstall the original FSX backup. 

This way REX 4 will make a backup of your original textures when you install the new ones, which could be nice if ever something weird happened in the future.

Hi Trevor,

Just run REX4 Direct, use the weather option and select your locality, REX4 will pick the best textures for the weather in that area, but you need to save and load the textures using the options in REX4 Direct. You can then close REX4 Direct when done.

Then run REX Essentials which is your weather engine and will inject the weather during your flight, again select real world weather and your locality as you did before, but DON'T select the "install textures" option just click the "start fsx" option.

You should now have REX4 Texture Direct providing the textures but REX Essentials providing the weather for the sim. 

It's quite easy once you get the hang of it, I hope this helps but I'm trying to remember from memory as I switched from REX essentials to Active Sky recently and uninstalled REX Essentials, but still use REX4 Texture Direct.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

Thanks guys I got it working.   It looks GREAT! :lol:

Now I am thinking of getting ftx global

I just noticed that the ground textures are brighter than the auto-gen. Does anyone else know about this?