Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Alabeo is the new Carenado

New exterior pictures posted on Facebook. It's evident the plane is still in very early stages, since they show repaints on the second screenshot set of other aircraft.

By the way, isn't Skywagon also the name for the C185?

I have found that Alabeo still has some minor issues with quality control.  The VSI's in both the 177 and the Tomahawk don't read the correct climb rate.  The 177 is off by 200 fpm and the Tomahawk off by 100 fpm, exactly.  I reported both issues as bugs.  Not a major issue since one shouldn't chase the VSI, but there nonetheless.

John

I have found that Alabeo still has some minor issues with quality control.  The VSI's in both the 177 and the Tomahawk don't read the correct climb rate.  The 177 is off by 200 fpm and the Tomahawk off by 100 fpm, exactly.  I reported both issues as bugs.  Not a major issue since one shouldn't chase the VSI, but there nonetheless.

John

Alabeo aren't any different compared to Carenado when it comes to quality control and patches after release, so you are bound to see issues like that. The fact they're making simpler aircraft means you won't see the long list of issues and inaccuracies a Carenado aircraft might have, but Alabeo aircraft aren't perfect either.

Have they responded to you yet?

Have you got a response from Alabeo yet?

Alabeo aren't any different compared to Carenado when it comes to quality control and patches after release, so you are bound to see issues like that. The fact they're making simpler aircraft means you won't see the long list of issues and inaccuracies a Carenado aircraft might have, but Alabeo aircraft aren't perfect either.

Have they responded to you yet?

Have you got a response from Alabeo yet?

No response, but I know they do release gauge patches from time to time.  I continue to enjoy the Cardinal when I use the sim, and the Tomahawk.  I would have never noticed the VSI issue at all, but I created an autopilot popup window and noticed the VSI never matched the rate of climb I set for the alt. hold.  I was taught never to place to much attention to the VSI when I took lessons so even in the sim I usually just scan airspeed, heading and altitude.

John

I think I am set on my GA fleet with Alabeo's recent release of the Cardinal. I've always wanted one for FSX, and they made three visual models--RG, Wheel Pants and w/o Wheel Pants. I like the Cardinal alot--had looks ahead of its time and the front office is great for keeping tabs on traffic with the forward view for the pilot. I once saw one for sale for 10K a few decades ago--how times have changed, although the Cardinal I saw looked like it needed a lot of TLC to get a current annual.

I posted a fair amount of screenshots of the new Cardinal in the past week or so in the screenshots forum. Seems to fly quite nicely and I was happy Alabeo had returned to the old pricing that Carenado used with its GA aircraft.

The flight 1 cardinal is excellent. Good FDE and rxp integration is nice

I like the few Alabeo aircraft I have as they are basic GA aircraft so your expectations of what's functional is greatly lowered.. Their 172 for instance is about as basic as you get.. Not even an autopilot. Which I don't mind, back to the basics and such.. 

What bored me to death with Carenado is they started developing (on paper) these big computer driven business jets and GA aircraft with G1000s but they all weren't actually very complex at all because of their strict adherence to the SDK.  You have this pretty shiny state of the art aircraft but operationally it was no different than Vanilla FSX aircraft.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors