Sign in to follow this  
Wothan

Almost a month has now passed since last SP update...

I know that it might be dangerous to ask...

But how about an update on the SP ?

..or at least some sign that it´s going in the right direction.

Finn Jacobsen

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

What do you want to know? I'm honestly curious as to what you want to hear in terms of an update.

Kyle Rodgers

This always reminds me of the tian tian pregnancy updates that take place on BBC Radio 4's PM program on a Friday...Eddie Mair "no news".  Brings a smile to my face every time i read one of these.

Ian R Tyldesley

Shall we play the ole 'sign with your full real name in the PMDG forums' game with Finn Jacobsen again?   :P

EDIT:

He's edited his name into his post - Finn takes the fun out of everything!!!   :lol:

(Finn, I'm just kidding: This is a quote from RSR when he was referring to one of his "coders".)

Edited by olli4740

I, too, am anxious for the release of SP1, but only so I can see how soon after its release someone starts crying for SP2.

Richard P. Kelly

I'm sure if there is something that they wish to tell us regarding the SP1 and/or 77W then they will. It may be nearly a month since the previous update, but I do not believe updates are a requirement.

We're getting more repetition here and unfortunately, it will never stop. It's the internet on a public forum - what's to be expected? 

All it requires is patience, while updates are good for the peace of mind; they're not a necessity. All in good time...

Finn Jacobsen

You won't get any answer and you will only attract the cheer squad who will give you a belting.

David Porrett

Oh helllll no. Here we go again indeed.

Shall we play the ole 'sign with your full real name in the PMDG forums' game with Finn Jacobsen again?   :P

I´m not afraid to sign with my full name.... sorry if I missed that (corrected now).

The question was not asked to stir up anything, though I feared it would.

I simply asked, since there has been quite a period of silence on this matter, and any other developement team would have been asked the same, if an equal situation had been going on with their product.

I´m actually quite happy with all my PMDG products (FS9 737 NG, FS9 747, FSX 747-400/8i, MD-11, 737-600/900 NGX, J4100) and has always backed PMDG.

It´s not that the 777 is unflyable for me, but it´s no secret here that SP1 is long time overdue, which PMDG also has admitted themself.

So I don´t see whats wrong by asking for some kind of update now a month has passed since the last one - also if the answer is that they simply still are fighting with some issues that prevent the release.

Finn Jacobsen

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

Am I totally out-of-sync here in that I find the 4 PMDG aircraft in my hangar, i.e.747-400, MD-11, 737NGX,and the 777-220LR so immersive enough to keep me enjoying my hobby, that I scarcely have time to bother when the SP1 comes out or not? Maybe I am...........it'll come when it;s ready.

A month of no news is nothing when it comes to PMDG. But when they actually have something to say they will give an update. No need to ask for one. Learned that awhile back.

Kacper Nowotynski

I´m not afraid to sign with my full name.... sorry if I missed that (corrected now).

The question was not asked to stir up anything, though I feared it would.

I simply asked, since there has been quite a period of silence on this matter, and any other developement team would have been asked the same, if an equal situation had been going on with their product.

I´m actually quite happy with all my PMDG products (FS9 737 NG, FS9 747, FSX 747-400/8i, MD-11, 737-600/900 NGX, J4100) and has always backed PMDG.

It´s not that the 777 is unflyable for me, but it´s no secret here that SP1 is long time overdue, which PMDG also has admitted themself.

So I don´t see whats wrong by asking for some kind of update now a month has passed since the last one - also if the answer is that they simply still are fighting with some issues that prevent the release.

Finn Jacobsen

Its probably the whole p3d thing thats holding them up, no harm in asking imho, just ignore the people who just can't take it. Lots of them around here.