Sign in to follow this  
Richard McDonald Woods

PMDG 777 with OrbX FTX Global Base + OpenLC + Vector

FSGenesis and FS Global are mesh products.

I would highly recommend both, although it gets very expensive to cover the whole globe with the highest res mesh.  My credit card company blocked my card and phoned me up half way through purchasing all the packages!  I had to ensure them my card was not stolen.

Rob Prest

What a reactive bank :excl: 

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

UTX is not mesh. It is vector and landclass just like Orbx Vector/LC. Like others have mentioned, Fsgenesis and FSGlobal Ultimate are mesh products. Pilot's natually recommends and guarantess compatibility with their FSglobal mesh when using Orbx Vector.

I just installed:

Pilot's FSGlobal2010FTX mesh (25GB!)

FTX Global Base

I.M.O this has greatly improved the look of long-haul flights even at high altitudes (mainly due to the mesh). From about 8000 feet and below it's like flying in a beautiful different world (meaning 'different' and much improved from default FSX). Have to say I will not go back and now saving up for Vector at a later stage.

Flying over Germany:

B777-60.jpg

I just installed:

Pilot's FSGlobal2010FTX mesh (25GB!)

FTX Global Base

I.M.O this has greatly improved the look of long-haul flights even at high altitudes (mainly due to the mesh).

I was thinking about getting Pilot's FSGlobal2010FTX mesh but refrained so far because:

- I am wondering if the difference with default FSX is really significant. I watched some before/after close pictures in mountainous areas and was not convinced. So at high altitudes...

- I'm afraid of problems with addons airports (FlyTampa, FSDT...). I know the Pilot's FSGlobal2010FTX mesh is provided with an elevation tweak tool but I prefer to fly than to tweak

More users feedback would be appreciated.

ther45k9, did you buy the box or download edition? I heard that the installation takes several hours?

Richard, can you please edit the title of this thread by adding Pilot's FSGlobal2010FTX mesh as we are discussing it and the 3 products are meant to be compatible.

- TONY -

Pilot's FSGlobal2010FTX download version from Flightsimstore.

Installation was problematic and had to do some tricks to get it installed.

Thank you ther45k9. And did you see significant improvement in the sim?

- TONY -

FTX Global + Vector was easily THE best texture/scenery addon I have ever purchased - compared to the default textures in FSX FTX Global adds that extra eye candy we have been looking for, for years! Although some area's do look a little repeated and the terrain such as mountains aren't accurate, the replacement textures sure do add a nice touch to your scenery. Vector is a VERY nice touch! In the winter times depending on where you are in the world, lakes, rivers and some parts of the ocean will freeze making it possible to land your aircraft on top of the ICE, Vector adds more accurate positioning of lakes, rivers and coastlines. I have a VERY particular eye for detail, and I HIGHLY recommend you go out of your comfort zone and get FTX Global + Vector, you won't regret it! 

I also made the jump a couple of months back and never looked back, it really improves the look, especially in more far-flung areas, Vector improves little coastal details like inlets, bays etc soooo much!

I fly PMDG 777 exclusively.  I had Orbx's PNW installed along with FSDT Vancouver.  Along with ASN.  the problem I have is that I get OOM with this setup.  Unfortunately I done many combos of this scenery and the only thing I could come up with is to uninstall  PNW.  I want to purchase FTX Global and Vector but am concerned that at big airports done by flyTampa, FSDT,  Flightbeam etc. that I will still get these OOM.  I have downloaded the program that shows my VAS and it looks like in any region that orbx does the VAS is around 900-1.1 GB. If anyone that has Global and Vector installed could tell me what there VAS usage is and if they have had any OOM with FSDT etc. and Global Vector.

Thanks  

While the combo FTX Global + Vector is quite popular, it looks like not many people use Pilot's FSGlobal2010FTX.

@willultra99

I have FTX Global & Vector + FlyTampa, FSDT, Flightbeam, etc. sceneries too and sometimes I get OOM.

It all depends on your settings, configuration, and flight time :

IF FSX+scenery+weather+AI traffic+ADDON AIRCRAFT = <4 then No OOM
IF FSX+scenery+weather+AI traffic+ADDON AIRCRAFT = >4 then OOM

I tried this today on a Denver (FlightBeam)-Oslo(Aerosoft) flight: take off, fly a bit to get away from origin detailed airport save the flight, then restart FSX and reload the flight (it resets the VAS). It worked fine.

Please note that if your flight path goes over several detailed airports or photoreal sceneries, chances of OOM increase.

- TONY -

I'm also just thinking about upgrading my FSX to the new products. :huh:

Currently I am using no mesh add-on, GSX (Europe, North America), UTX (Europe, USA, Canada, Alaska), REX 2 (+ ASN) (and the FTX NA regions).

What I am considering now is to switch to FS Global 2010, FTX Global, Vector, openLC (when available) and REX 4 (+ ASN)

A major investment of course, so my main questions are:

• Is FSGlobal 2010 mesh really worth its price? I also had some doubt when looking at the comparison screenshots...
  • How about the DX10 compatibility of FTX Global? I am using DX10 mode now in order to prevent OOMs (was lucky enough to get Steve's DX10 fixer couple weeks ago... now it isn't sold any longer for whatever reason :blink:)
  • Since uninstalling GSX, UTX and REX 2 and then installing all the new products is a major change to the FS installation, I am afraid this might somehow brake my FSX so I would have to reinstall everything from scratch?! :unsure:
  • I'm wondering if I should keep UTX Alaska and somehow combine it with the FTX Global products, since UTX Alaska seems to be very detailed and hence might be more detailed than FTX Global??

Maybe anyone has some experience to share in regard to these questions?!

Thanks a lot! :smile2:

Regards

Oliver Holstein

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I think that Pilot's FSGlobal2010FTX has improved the look of the sim world because mountains have more realistic shapes compared to default FSX, thus I would say it is "significant improvement" mainly because default FSX is so lacking in the mesh. But I did buy it begrudgingly due to cost, but with the understanding that I wanted to build my FSX from the bottom up.