Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmount

What airline do you fly?

I've recently posted my disgruntled first experience with flying (I never got to my destination, had to cancel my trip outright). This time we are going with a different airline hoping for better results.  My question is who do you fly with? I could also add who you avoid?

US Air  (United).

Stan

I fly every May to St Maarten from Syracuse NY.  I usually go with US Airways as they usually have the best fares.  I've never had an unpleasant experience due to the airline.  Although, I might try JetBlue in 2015, as their fares are competitive, and their arrival time into SXM is earlier than AWE..

Overall, I'm looking at best bang for the buck.  I'm not airline loyal.

Not much choice for me Air Canada/WestJet, prefer WestJet if it can get me where I want to go.

What ever is the cheapest, mainly Ryanair, but Aer Lingus to London Heathrow for International connecting flights such as to the US. I've flown on too many airlines :P My favorite airline was before they merged Continental, just all out friendly crew and a really enjoyable flying experience. I will be flying with Qatar Airways in September to Bangalore so it will be interesting to see how good they are...

Before I retired I flew 2-3 weeks every month on a large variety of airlines, both domestic and international. YEARS ago I was loyal to American and the Continental each of which have become the New American and United Continental.............so now that I am retired I usually try and take Amtrak as much as possible. Maybe it is because I work at an airport? LOL

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

As the employee of a major airline, I was all prepared to make a bowl of popcorn and watch the show. I have to say, you guys have been pretty tame so far.

NAX669.png

Southwest or Delta. The two best airlines in the U.S. IMO :)

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Air Canada (Jazz) because they're the only ones to go where I usually fly. Had stellar service from British Airways before, and Air France was pretty good too. JetBlue is nice, too.

sig01.png

Over the past 2 weeks I have flown with Air New Zealand, Air Canada and Porter Airlines......Porter Airlines was the best. Air New Zealand is good too. Air Canada is fine but lacking on the niceties that the other two I mentioned are good at.

Porter goes above and beyond, Even at Chicago Midway just on Monday they were the only airline to have an express line to get through TSA, which is nice touch to get you through to the gate. Porter has all kinds of extras for its passengers.

Matthew Kane

I usually try for JetBlue first, and then Southwest second. Although I'm really wanting to try a Virgin America flight soon.

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

United/United Express regionals, just cause I have the best non-rev benefits with them. 

If I can recall my paying-for-flying days, I enjoyed Alaska and Delta the most. 

I never liked flying US Airways. Nothing particularly bad happened flying with them, I just thought their customer service was relatively unenthusiastic. Rarely heard a peep from the pilots over the PA.

I usually try for JetBlue first, and then Southwest second. Although I'm really wanting to try a Virgin America flight soon.

Virgin America is definitely a different experience if you haven't experienced it before.  I think you won't be disappointed.

I personally like the pink/purple cabin lighting during boarding.  :)

Aer lingus for transatlantic flights, never had a problem with them.

My favourite airline at the moment is JetBlue extremely friendly airline. Flew KDCA to KBOS and before the flight the pilot went and shook hands with everyone waiting at gate and thanked us all at the door as we departed in Boston.

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10