Sign in to follow this  
oscarbcn78

LINDA is loading module correctly but MCP doesn´t respond

Dear everybody,

I use PMDG 737NGX. I have "Everything is ok" in all sections of LINDA, and FSX shows a green message telling LUA module is loaded correctly or something similar, but MCP displays doesn´t change, and the knobs and keys don´t respond. I can´t figure out this problem...

Thank you.

Have you enabled the 737 SDK as explained at the link below.

http://vrinsight.com/devel_shot/Manual/_QnA_/PMDG_SDK/PMDG_737NGX_EnableDataOut.pdf

I don´t know what is happening, it´s incredible... This afternoon I got back to initial configuration, simply copying again all the LINDA files (that I saved to another folder just in case) to Modules folder to see if it works with Level-D 767, and MCP is loading LINDA! It seems to be running correctly with both planes! The only difference is that now I don´t load LINDA GUI when loading FSX, as FSX loads LUA automatically, but I don´t understand why... Do you have any idea? Which is the reason?

Thank you so much.

The LINDA GUI has to be running at all times if you want to assign anything to any joystick type devices, if you close the GUI some functions will stop working. I think you need to have a read through of the fantastic guide linked to below to get a little more familiar with things. It's likely that you missed something during your first try and your second attempt went better, the guide should help.

http://www.fs-linda.com/downloads/Introducing_LINDA_v1.01.pdf

Cheers, Andy.

The LINDA GUI has to be running at all times if you want to assign anything to any joystick type devices, if you close the GUI some functions will stop working. I think you need to have a read through of the fantastic guide linked to below to get a little more familiar with things. It's likely that you missed something during your first try and your second attempt went better, the guide should help.

http://www.fs-linda.com/downloads/Introducing_LINDA_v1.01.pdf

Thank you, I presume that it was the port COM that it was not the same in FSUIPC4.ini and in LINDA application.

What I can't understand is why LINDA/LUA module is loading automatically when I choose my plane in FSX! It detects my plane succesfully! I like it this way, so no problem, but I would like at least to know which is the reason if possible... Because I have the option "Start with FSX" in LINDA unmarked.... Perhaps some configuration in FSUIPC4.ini, or FSX.cfg?

Part of the process is launched automatically by the Linda.lua file itself which is in the modules folder, but the whole functionality will not work if the GUI isn't running also.

Cheers, Andy.

Part of the process is launched automatically by the Linda.lua file itself which is in the modules folder, but the whole functionality will not work if the GUI isn't running also.

I can see that MCP works without LINDA application started, but some Joysticks need the LINDA application started...

It is very strange, I read both manuals but I think they miss important aspects, for example how you have to do when starting all ths systems (FSX, LINDA, etc...), because I find a lot of variability...

My FSX keeps with "Fatal error" when starting LINDA and Level-D 767. I cant understand, with PMDG 737NGX is all ok...