Sign in to follow this  
Cruachan

Stutter - Adaptive VSync could offer a solution

Using NI, I changed the flag to "Adaptive Sync",  Mode "Normal" and I moved the framerate slider to unlocked.  I have to admit it was quite smooth and seemed to have fewer stutters but with the Majestic Q400 I seemed to see more longer pauses as the Q400 engine waited for FSX to catch up.  More testing needed but an interesting find for sure.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

" Mode "Normal" "

Mark what do you mean by this what line did you change for that ? thanks

Rich Sennett

Sorry Richard, my mistake there, I wrote that post away from my computer.  change Normal to  "use 3d application". This is on the line directly above or below the Adaptive Vsync and I think you may have mentioned it on page 1.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Wow, this is really working!  Although, it doesn't completely remove stuttering but reduces it significantly. I've tried every vsync option at NI but none of them were useful which means NI is pretty useless for P3d. Thanks to OP for finding and sharing this trick.  

Stupid question maybe but when you use this setting, should you also turn on vsync in P3D itself...? Or does this nVidia setting overrule that one? I have vsync disabled in P3D simply because it gives me the best performance (without any tearing, oddly enough).

Hi Jeroen,

No, leave VSync and Triple buffering unchecked in the sim. In fact, it may not matter as I believe the Adaptive VSync switch in NVIDIA Control Panel will override the P3D setting, if enabled.

Regards,

Mike

Funny I get best FPS and smoothness just by using the P3D internal VSYNC and unlimited FPS set. No external tweaks.

Did try your idea though and glad it's helping others enjoy their sim more!

Adam

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

"Funny I get best FPS and smoothness just by using the P3D internal VSYNC "

Same here I think it depends on your monitor actually - but vsync and triple buffering on here

Rich Sennett

Hi,

My sim is FSX not P3D. Perhaps I am not benefiting from the thread.. or a little difficult to understand for me..

Does this mean you have to enable Adaptive VSync in global setting of NVidia control panel and unlimit the frame per sec via Nvidia Inspector? Mine is currently set by 30 fps via NVidia Inspector. (My monitor is 60hz like standard..)

Thanks!

Andrew

My sim is FSX not P3D. Perhaps I am not benefiting from the thread.. or a little difficult to understand for me..

Does this mean you have to enable Adaptive VSync in global setting of NVidia control panel and unlimit the frame per sec via Nvidia Inspector? Mine is currently set by 30 fps via NVidia Inspector. (My monitor is 60hz like standard..)

Would appreciate a word or two from someone who has tried this on FSX.  I am with the same settings as that of Andrew

Thanks

Ted

PMDG_737ngx_proud_own1_378x68.jpg ftx_supporter_avsim.gif

Its works fine!!! Thanks  for settings Cruachan. B)

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Tried with FSX internal limiter, but no luck for me with this.. I just used NI frame limiter set to 30, vsync tear control = adaptive, with half rate, have very very smooth and great quality.. also turned on FXAA as well, very smooth almost no stutters. Thanks all!