Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Young Pilot Attempts a World Record Round the World Flight

This May, 19-year-old MIT student Matt Guthmiller will set out to become the youngest person to ever circumnavigate the globe on a solo flight!

http://www.limitless-horizons.org/

Matt Guthmiller has spent his life looking for fresh challenges to tackle and new obstacles to overcome. This spring he will attempt his latest and greatest when he starts on the first leg of his one month, 29,000 mile journey, which will take him everywhere from New York City to London, Greece, the Middle East, Hawaii and more, as he seeks to become the youngest person ever to fly solo around the world.

He just completed his first leg yesterday from his home airport KABR to KTEB:
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N...40ZZ/KABR/KTEB

N367HP (BE36) has just filed a flight plan.
It is scheduled to depart from Teterboro (KTEB) at 10:40AM EDT Wednesday heading for St. John's Int'l (CYYT) for an estimated arrival at 06:38PM NDT.

Expected route: YQI V312 YQY QY R14 ZNF

For more information visit http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N367HP

Just in case anyone else wishes to "fly along" or at least follow his progress and cheer him on! :Applause:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

My best wishes to the young fella ............ I hope he achieves his goal

I must confess to surprise that this epic journey has received no traction whatsoever with anyone here (or any other flight related site for that matter).

In any event Matt safely landed at Santa Maria Island / Vila do Porto (LPAZ) two hours ago.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N367HP

Fr. Bill    

Surprises me too. I have been following and find it fascinating. I got my PPL when I was 18. I could not imagine 8hrs over open ocean. I think I would be playing that music he was talking about to keep from listening to every pop in the engine!!

My hat is off to him.

I'm just happy to see that he's taking his time on this journey. This is time he can use to rest up, and explore the places he's visiting. :Applause:

Fr. Bill    

When will he start the next leg? I can not find it on Flight Aware or Facebook.

When will he start the next leg? I can not find it on Flight Aware or Facebook.

I just received email notice that Matt's next leg to Biggin Hill (EGKB) is scheduled for Monday morning at 11:00 AM AZOST.

8:00 hours for 1,583 nm... B)

Fr. Bill    

I missed that flight due to work. I noticed that he took off just know headed for Rome!! Too Kool. But I am headed to work again. I wish him the best.