Sign in to follow this  
rufowler

Carenado's "HD series"

I'm mostly an GA flyer, I have a few older Carenado planes that I like, and I was thinking of buying a couple of others.  I noticed that most of the newer ones they sell are part of their "HD Series."  My system at the moment is so-so for simming, and it seems to respond to any sort of strain performance-wise despite tweaking.  (In fact one of the reasons I fly GA planes is that the nicer PMDG-level aircraft are too hard of my machine.)

I'm wondering if / worried that some of these "HD" Carenado planes are going to impact my frame rate.  Do you think that will be an issue?  Thanks!

Try the C337... it is the least heavy on performance..

Bert

I'm mostly an GA flyer, I have a few older Carenado planes that I like, and I was thinking of buying a couple of others.  I noticed that most of the newer ones they sell are part of their "HD Series."  My system at the moment is so-so for simming, and it seems to respond to any sort of strain performance-wise despite tweaking.  (In fact one of the reasons I fly GA planes is that the nicer PMDG-level aircraft are too hard of my machine.)

I'm wondering if / worried that some of these "HD" Carenado planes are going to impact my frame rate.  Do you think that will be an issue?  Thanks!

Just stay away from those planes with the G1000's they kill my FPS

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Yeah, I had a feeling.  I also coincidentally have very little interest in the G1000-equipped planes.  I'm old school. ;) Thanks!

I've always found the http://www.alabeo.com/ planes a little better on performance.

Yeah, I really like Albeo too.  I only have one plane from their catalog.  Wish they produced more.  If I had to buy one today I'd probably get the C177 Cardinal II or the C172RG Cutlass.  Do you have either of these?  They look pretty nice.

I don't have either of those, no. I do however keep eyeing up the C172RG, but owning the A2A C172 it's a little hard to justify.