Sign in to follow this  
ac5

New 767 coming round the corner

Not sure whether I should laugh or cry about this. I was especially curious to learn about the "extensive manuals." Considering that the "extensive manual" for the 707 considered of what, like, 32 pages?In my book, Captain Sim is as dead as a doorknob. ricardo

Wir hatten mal kurz zu FS2000 Zeiten miteinander zu tun; ich habe Dir, glaube ich, mal eine extra Jeppesen charts CD fuer Europa zukommen lassen, die ich aus Versehen doppelt gekauft hatte. Kann mich noch an die "guten alten FS2000 Zeiten erinnern," wo jeder sich ueber die miserablen frame rates beschwerten und alle heftig am tweaken waren. Lol. ricardo

Guest secks

C'mon .. this has to be a joke! This appears to be a highly unwise marketing decision on their part.

Website in construction since months, no forum, no releases,and now ....9 MONTHS OLD screenshots....This is ridiculous !Why don't you make new screenshots Capitain? It takes 10 seconds to do...Maybe there's nothing to take screenshots of?Maybe you're selling us... illusions?AC5

Guest Elvi5

It looks like an awesome model. Far more hansome than the LevelD.Although, it also looks like it's far to polygon heavy to run at a decent rate. A la 707.I'll probably buy both anyway.

Nothing will ever be more hansome than LevelD.JimCYWG

These guys are a laugh. Talk about missing the boat. They announce 8 new aircraft and the next one following one of the most anticipated releases that I have ever seen. (not saying the most anticipated ever, just what I have witnessed.) Finish the C-130 Captain.

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All, Well, I for one would really like to see this one come to full term, along with the B52, (bet none of you could even imagine I would like that one LOL).But . . . there is always a but! If, we are to be sold another 707, with terrible flight dynamics, where no attention was paid to professionals who have really flown this aircraft, who have offered up their time for beta testing to help get it right, and if the support and such does not return, well, I'd just as soon not see it at all.Every company goes through hard times during a lifetime, some make it, some don't . . . and I am sure CS is trying to survive in a tough market . . . I know in this present economy, even my horse business is suffering terribly from the lack of funding, however, in the FS business, where quality, consistency and reputation count for both the last and the next product, you must keep that line on an even keel to stay in the game.Captain, IF you really are going to give us this 767, then make it all that IT can be . . . go the full route and do it right . . . and if you are so lucky to have beta's whom are real pilots, then LISTEN TO WHAT THEY HAVE TO SAY, because they are the ones whom fly the beast and know it best.I'm sure that all of us will agree we've been thrilled with some of your offerings, and not so thrilled with others, but a great 767 could do much to reinstill our faith and trust in CS.Crossing my fingers,Best to all,Clayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

Guest Captain Sim

Hi All,thanks for the comments.Just wanted to drop a line to let you know, that we are OK, even if it looks like we are dead :) Web site? Right, our web server is under construction, we rebuilt all the system from a scratch, that's why it took so long. Now it's almost done and should be online very soon. As soon as it's up we won't be dead quiet anymore. Regular newsletters with updates, progress reports, frequent pre-views will be available. The 767? Yeah... it's going to be a top notch product. As you know, one of us (Sergey) is still flying the 767 all over the world, and he is not just a tester-consultant, he's a big part of the big job. Obviously we are not going to point any difference with other 767 project... people got eyes and own opinion. Extensive manuals? Good point, but we were so sick and tired of those endless manuals from our real life flying experience, so we thought the shorter manual the better ;). But if people like huge ones they will get the huge ones starting with the upcoming Herk. Other projects in developments? Believe me, they do not affect the Herk production at all. BTW, their pre-views are on the way as well. The Herk itself? Doing just great! Expect HUGE (I mean it!) pre-view. It is all done and sitting on my HD waiting for the new web site launching day.Thanks, stay tuned...http://www.captainsim.com/logo_n.gifwww.captainsim.com