Sign in to follow this  
ac5

New 767 coming round the corner

I lost trust in CS products. The forum is down now for monthsI mean how long does it take to have a temporary forum giving support ?Why is there no forum?? Is it because way too many people were complaining?? look at the DF727 or ATR-72 forums..They are boring, minor petty problems. It should tell you something about the quality of their product. It was the same exact story with the CS707 . The screenshots were months old before the product was released. Pushing another product while some old ones not fully fixed is, I think in my opinion, unethical.Look at what Alex from CS wrote in post # 51"Hello Mike,It's kinda offtopic, but what would you like to see in the 707 second service pack?"What does he mean "what would you like to see in the 707 second service pack?"???The CS forum had pages and pages of people complaining about certain bugs to be fixed. The flight model, the roll rate, the cut and paste upper panel from the CS727 etc ..etc.. I know some names by heart of people who participated. I guess no one from CS reads the bug thread anymore. Oh I forgot it's not there.Sorry about the rant but I think what fair is fair. I was extremely impressed with thier Mig-21 product and completely let down with the 707 eventhough it was outstanding visually. I'm wondering how are they going to win back the customer confidence that they seem to have lost.

John Sark

Guest A321

>I'm wondering how are they going to win back the customer>confidence that they seem to have lost.And alos Dont seem to care... Well I for one think its a Vicious Circle, The more we hammer them about buggy software, the longer its going to take for them to produce something, as Id hope they will test it longer, so takes longer = less buggy (hopefully) = More complaints of vapour-ware, However this time its their own fault.On another note, Captainsim...why cant I download updates for My: F-104707Yak..I re-installed them, but cant access the updaes form the update utility, so now ( Correct me if im wrong ), but you have my money and I have 3 outdated planes...just typical eh?Jason

Guest tooohip

>I lost trust in CS products. The forum is down now for>months>I mean how long does it take to have a temporary forum giving>support ?Why is there no forum?? Is it because way too many>people were complaining?? look at the DF727 or ATR-72>forums..They are boring, minor petty problems. It should tell>you something about the quality of their product. It was the>same exact story with the CS707 . The screenshots were months>old before the product was released. Pushing another product>while some old ones not fully fixed is, I think in my opinion,>unethical.I couldn't agree more! The 727 was ok after they came out with the 3rd service release (Yes third). After that I figured they had learned their lesson, so I went ahead and purchased the 707. What a joke that thing was/is. It had the 727 panel in it basically! Pathetic flight model, just sad! I should have asked for a refund on that worthless junk pile (never would have saw it I know, but still...).I got a good laugh here though when I saw they were announcing a 767 right after the most beautiful, well supported 767 was released by Level D and Flight 1. You can't go wrong with Flight 1. I wish you could say that about Captain Sim, but you simply can't.Captain Sim is one company I wish would just go away so others do not get conned into their schemes!

Guest mikealpha

>but what would you like to see in the 707 second service pack?>>We always monitor our customers feedback ...>>http://www.captainsim.net/pix/avsim_forum.gif>www.captainsim.comIs that really a serious question after the numerous (I repeat : numerous !!) issues that have been brought up in your old Forum ? Are you sure about that customer feedback monitoring ?Mike

Guest Captain Sim

Ok, answer all in one:>>but what would you like to see in the 707 second service>pack?>Is that really a serious question after the numerous (I repeat>: numerous !!) issues that have been brought up in your old>Forum ? Old forum is gone. But all constructive infomation is moved into new Customer Support System. But if your still have those "numerous issues" and they keep bothering you, it's not gonna be a problem to report them again. Right? Also we are working on a system that makes issues reports submittion more easy and effective. >the 707. What a joke that thing was/is. It had the 727 panel in it >basically! I don't know why Boeing decided to keep SAME 707 cockpit frame in their 727 :) >I got a good laugh here though when I saw they were announcing a 767 >right after the most beautiful, well supported 767. You can't go >wrong with Flight 1. I wish you could say that about Captain Sim, > but you simply can't.1. It's not Flight 1 but third parties development.2. Our 767 was announced and SHOWN 3 months ahead of the "most beautiful one" in June 2004 on the IFC show. And if we'd have in stock some 5 years old 2D 767 panel ;) we'd released our 767 sooner.3. I bought the "most beautiful 767" today, and I already got a list of things I do not like and would never allow that kind of job in our products. Unfortunately, as Captain Sim member I can't report them neither here nor on the LDS forum. All we can do is build BETTER 767 and show it to the community. You'll compare and say. Otherwise, it's just talking about nothing. >On another note, Captainsim...why cant I download updates for My:>F-104 707 Yak..Let's try do not turn the 767 posting on AVSIM forum into CS support forum. Please wait, our new Support System is coming.If you got something urgent please contact support@captainsim.com they'll help you.http://www.captainsim.net/pix/avsim_forum.gifwww.captainsim.com

Guest tooohip

>>I got a good laugh here though when I saw they were>announcing a 767 >right after the most beautiful, well>supported 767. You can't go >wrong with Flight 1. I wish you>could say that about Captain Sim, >> but you simply can't.>>1. It's not Flight 1 but third parties development.Selective quoting I see and another reason I'll never by from you deceptive people.I said "released by Level D and Flight 1." If you are going to quote don't do it selectively to make it mean what you want it to. Yes, developed by Level D, but distributed by Flight 1. As I said and will say it again, if it's distributed by Flight 1, you can bet it's good!Now quote me correctly!

No reply from CS.....The least that we expect is a reply here, as the "construction"in their website and forum goes on and on and on.... AC5

>Why at least they don't make 767-400? I can't comprehend why>someone would try to duplicate someone else's previous work>and possibly fight for a greatly diminished market. Very>strange.According to their old announcement CS is making the 767-400 as well. :-) Alex, can you confirm? BTW, Alex, if you're reading, your site says you will be making the 767-200PW in AA livery. All AA 767s, both 200 and 300 are GE equipped. Misha

Guest Captain Sim

>According to their old announcement CS is making the 767-400>as well. :-) Alex, can you confirm? Yes, the 767-400 with brand new 2D+VC included.>BTW, Alex, if you're>reading, your site says you will be making the 767-200PW in AA>livery. All AA 767s, both 200 and 300 are GE equipped. Oh, thanks. Then the AA just gone to the -300GE list. And we got one the -200 livery vacancy :)http://www.captainsim.net/pix/avsim_forum.gifwww.captainsim.com

Fine, fine.....But the Herc?AC5

Guest Bry

I think you have another one because to the best of my knoweldge Britannia has never operated a P&W engined 767 either. I've found one website which says G-OBYF has P&W engines, but that's a 767-300ER and it appears to have GE engines anyway.

>>According to their old announcement CS is making the>767-400>>as well. :-) Alex, can you confirm? >>Yes, the 767-400 with brand new 2D+VC included.>>>BTW, Alex, if you're>>reading, your site says you will be making the 767-200PW in>AA>>livery. All AA 767s, both 200 and 300 are GE equipped. >Oh, thanks. Then the AA just gone to the -300GE list. >>And we got one the -200 livery vacancy :)>>http://www.captainsim.net/pix/avsim_forum.gif>www.captainsim.comNo GE-equipped -200 series then? :-( If you are modelling the -200 fuse already, can't you take the pylons and engines from the -300 GE model and attach them to the -200? Given that major airlines like Delta, AA, Continental, Britannia and others all operate the GE model, I think the package would be incomplete without it. Of course you'd have to make a whole new separate FDE for the -200GE, 200ER GE and the newer model GE's that Continental operates. I understand that will be a lot of work, but give it a thought.Either way, I'm happy you are indeed making the -400. Now I know what I will get for getting all the right answers in your quiz. :-)Misha

Guest Captain Sim

>I think you have another one because to the best of my>knoweldge Britannia has never operated a P&W engined 767>either. I've found one website which says G-OBYF has P&W>engines, but that's a 767-300ER and it appears to have GE>engines anyway.Thanks for the info, then we just replace the PW by GE and keep the Britannia an AA skins on the -200. http://www.captainsim.net/pix/avsim_forum.gifwww.captainsim.com

>>and CS can tell us their support forum>>will be up and running any day now... >>Exactly, our new site (including new support system) is on the>final testing stage (screenshot below). We expect it available>to our customers any day now.>>http://www.captainsim.net/pix/site.gif>>>>http://www.captainsim.net/pix/avsim_forum.gif>www.captainsim.comHi Captain Sim,Can you confirm that you also will have the second patch for the Lagendary B707 ready when you open the new website?Would very much like to be able to fly that jewel at last. ;-)Fly safe, Staffan AhlbergSweden/Stockholm/ESSAPMDG MD-11 Team - Beta testerhttp://www.scandicair.com/images/dc9_banner.jpg"I will come and cut your lawn for a high quality DC8-63 system"[/color]My specs are:Dell Dimension 4600 P4/3.0 Ghz1024 Mb DDR333 Dual channel memory (2x256,1x512)128 Mb ATI Radeon 9800 ProOmega 2590DirectX 9.0cW XP Home with SP1E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"240Gb (2x120) 7200rpm HD

Staffan