Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

No way forward for P3D and me

I am at a continual loss with P3D. After a complete reinstall of Windows and FSX, I thought that perhaps now would be a great time to see if I could get P3D to actually work properly, once and for all.  After two previous installs to try and get this sim to work properly, I have to admit defeat. I STILL can't get Vsync to work properly. I have tried so many combinations with Nvid insp, without Nvid insp, different cfg settings, with and without cfg entries, with Aero on and with Aero off, that I've gone dizzy. I forgot to add, I've tried different drivers too. I've also tried D3D overrider, which I thought would have cured the problem, but without success. The last straw was last night, after two hours it still would not work and this was on top of spending the same amount of time trying to get my Hotas Warthog to function that did so previously! I've had it I'm afraid. I've gone back to FSX and until which time LM can produce a sim that works properly with Vsync then, that's where I'll stay. Unless anyone knows differently and can offer some magical solution :(

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Have you tried asking on the Lockheed Martin P3D forum?  They are usually very helpful.  Also without knowing how your rig is set up it is not really possdible to give you any advice.  All I can say is that P3D works fine for me on my machine and I never use FSX anymore.

Jason Kirk

I really wonder why it works for so many of us and you can't get it work. LM support forum is a good location for your problems to solve.

Spirit

Thanks fellas, sure, it's only because I hang around Avsim on a daily basis that this has been my first port of call. I'll head over to P3D forum and see if I can get any joy there, cheers.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Howard first things first ... P3D is not FSX.

Install outside Program Files directory, no malware/anti-virus, run as Administrator etc. etc. but with Warthog totally disconnected.

Connect Warthog.

Run P3D.

Do nothing. Enjoy the flying experience. Do nothing. Enjoy the flying experience.  Do nothing. Enjoy the flying experience.  Turn on shadows. Really enjoy the flying experience.  :rolleyes:

Howard first things first ... P3D is not FSX.

Install outside Program Files directory, no malware/anti-virus, run as Administrator etc. etc. but with Warthog totally disconnected.

Connect Warthog.

Run P3D.

Do nothing. Enjoy the flying experience. Do nothing. Enjoy the flying experience.  Do nothing. Enjoy the flying experience.  Turn on shadows. Really enjoy the flying experience.  :rolleyes:

Yep, all done previously with no positive result...

P3D on separate SSD from OS

No AV installed

Firewall turned off

Installed and started with Admin

I'm beginning to wonder whether my Dell 30" display, which runs at 2560x1600 has, for some reason, an ill effect...

:(

Howard

From my experience with P3D, they have a lot of work to do with their new graphics engine to get it as efficient as FSX is.  I have a 42" HDTV as a monitor and it shows every stutter in vivid detail.  P3D has stated that they're working on efficiency in their next release.  I'm glad to hear that.  For now, I fly in FSX and keep my eye tuned to the P3D posts for new ideas to try them out. 

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

While lots of people have P3D working to their satisfaction, lots of others don't. I have know idea why. I have tons of simulator experience but I have never gotten P3D to work as well for me as it obviously does for others. I have done everything suggested in the LM forums as well as here, plus used the "tuning tips" in the LM folder. It's a mystery. But then I use add-ons in FSX with no issues that others report as buggy, so I do understand that experiences vary between users of identical products.

I will keep trying every new patch until it "sings" for me like it does for people who really love it, but until then I have returned to FSX for 95% of my flying.

- Bill Magann

How did you manage to send the same post five times between 10.09 and 09.02 hours this morning?

Hi Howard,

I feel your pain. There may be one more option for you to consider before you throw in the towel:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/443715-stutter-adaptive-vsync-could-offer-a-solution/#entry3002624

Best of luck, I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you. This may not be the actual holy grail but, for me, it comes pretty darn close.

Regards,

Mike

Yep I got 5 posts as well none of which explained what your problem is.  I have plenty of my own, like lights on aircraft functioning when they want, not when I want, lights coming on when I hit the afterburner and most disturbing are contrails that go out a few hundred feet and then drop to touch earth  both on my aurcraft and ai aircraft..  Oh yes and whereas the patch once allowed me to save a flight it now CTDs when I try .

So we all have problems and no I removed FSX so I wouldn't be tempted to give up.

Jim

Thanks for all the replies fellas, appreciated...

Hi Howard,

I feel your pain. There may be one more option for you to consider before you throw in the towel:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/443715-stutter-adaptive-vsync-could-offer-a-solution/#entry3002624

Best of luck, I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you. This may not be the actual holy grail but, for me, it comes pretty darn close.

Regards,
Mike

Hi Mike, sure, interesting post, but guess what... no joy. I fear I am destined to never experience P3D as it was intended. My only hope, like many others, is for LM to fix this in the 2.3 update. Thanks anyway, cheers.

Howard

H iHoward:

Have you followed my guide - P3D blows fsx away - there is no reason its shouldn't work for you also - are you running multiple monitors, I would not as that will kill performance

Rich Sennett

...... - there is no reason its shouldn't work for you also - .....

Well, one never know. Maybe he's something like the "Princess and the pea"???? :lol:

Spirit