Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Possible to use new gns 430 in XP10.30 in Carenado A36?

I would like to know if its possible to incorporate the new gps feature of XP 10.30 into the Carenado A36 virtual cockpit and if so, how can we do it?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I tried to make a popup and that wouldn't work... some error in planemaker about having a two gps's.

The VC would be like FSX, the developer would need to model it in there I think.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Really? I was looking forward to trying out the new gps in 10.30, so what planes currently have them that I could try out? Is X-Plane's version of the GPS better than RealityXP would you say?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I'm not sure whether I should be linking other sites, but I successfully got the new GPS working in the Carenado B58.

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=76715&p=822414

There are some caveats so it's best to read the whole thread.

In case my link gets removed, it's over at the org and the thread title is "the new 430 gps radios in 10.30"

Thanks for the link!

Link isn't working for some reason. So which Carenado planes can I have the new xplane gps incorporated into? Is there a link somewhere that explains exactly how to do this? I'd like to add it into as many planes as possible. I really can't stand the default gps.

X-Plane Plane maker. Aircraft system. Use Arnac modern pilot or copilot it depends on aircraft. Go to 3D model in plane maker and select the GPS. At the bottom select co-pilot. You will see the installed GPS as a radio and the modern GPS will be a popup with the click spot being the GPS screen. This all varies per Carenado model. That was a very brief explanation. The link above worked earlier and that's what I have been using.

Perhaps we should start a list with which planes are compatible or not. I've had mixed results, where some work, others don't. e.g. I could get it work in Carenado's Bonanza F33, but couldn't get it to work in Dreamfoil's 406 (It wouldn't even switch on)