Sign in to follow this  
John_Tavendale

security

Guest B1900 Mech

Jason, dont listen to some person who will not even sign with a name, its obvious this gabriel is not in the industry. As some one who has been in aviation for over 30 years, I stand by what I said.

Guest BAe146Guy

Of course theres also the British Women who could face 10 years in Prison in the USA jsut because she mentioned the word bomb at the security check, granted she was stupid but is this not going too far now.

>Of course theres also the British Women who could face 10>years in Prison in the USA jsut because she mentioned the word>bomb at the security check, granted she was stupid but is this>not going too far now.Even before 9/11 if you said the word "bomb" security would be all over ya.

Guest BAe146Guy

I still think America should not be holding a British Citizen when she hasn't done anything than been very stupid.

Guest tgabriel

Hmmm...Not "in the industry" from a sage such as you really put me in my place...:-lol Yessir, massa. Next time I want to be slapped around, I know where to come. :-jumpy Thanks for the comeuppance!!! :-jumpy :-jumpy :-lol :-lol Now, I want to suggest you go back and read my response to Jason. I suggested to the young man that he keep on with his dreams. I did not suggest that you or any other poster were wrong, only that Jason should not allow the "system" to defeat him.As to my experience, no, I do not work "in the industry." Yes, I have my ticket... got it in 1970. That's what? 34 years ago. Yeah, 34 years and I was flying long before that...As for my "signoff" what do you care how I sign off? Since when does my credence have anything at all to do with how I sign off?

Guest oyvindhansen

>>Even before 9/11 if you said the word "bomb" security would be>all over ya.The security people always seem to be one step behind. The last thing a person intending to do harm with a bomb would do is to tell the security guys before the bomb is even aboard the plane. What kind of a stupid terrorist attack wouold that be? I guess the jokers are an annoyance, but a small fine would be an appropriate punishment. Here in Norway you'd at least have to kill someone in a pretty ugly manner to receive 15 years.- Oyvind

Guest B1900 Mech

Gabriel, sorry for snappin at ya, and I defer to your experience:-) In my experiences, this has not been a subject to joke about, and I felt you were minimizing the gravity of whats going on. Peace:-)

Guest tgabriel

No big deal, and you are right, I probably should have had my name on my posts, even though my user name is my name...H2O under the H2O overpass...