Sign in to follow this  
gus1

g2d.dll fsx crash

Hi, I've been getting alot of g2d.dll crashes lately. 

This has happened at different airports, on ground, in air etc.

this report is in swedish but I hope you can understand anyways:

Händelsenamn: APPCRASH
Programnamn: fsx.exe
Programversion: 10.0.61472.0
Programtidsstämpel: 475e17d3
Namn på felmodul: g2d.dll
Modulens version: 10.0.61472.0
Tidsstämpel för felmodul: 475e180c
Undantagskod: c0000005
Undantagsförskjutning: 0005d454
OS-version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Språkvariant-ID: 1053

Extra information om problemet
LCID: 1053

thankful for any help :)

Still getting the same crash after reinstalling video card drivers, going back to older drivers, recreating the fsx.cfg

fsx.exe

475e17d3

g2d.dll

475e180c

c0000005

00033d8c

01cf84965c340a30

D:\FSX\fsx.exe

D:\FSX\g2d.dll     

3f11d9ba-f08c-11e3-adcd-08606e7c309d

My fsx looks weird before starting a flight and choosing a plane, I don't know exactly what the problem is but to me it looks like problems with AA. Maybe something wrong with my GPU?

kSzD7mu.png

My fsx looks weird before starting a flight and choosing a plane

I do not see anything wrong with your GPU, at least not in the image above. If none of the suggestions worked as suggested in the CTD Guide (and I see you have tried them all), I would uninstall FSX and reinstall it. At the minimum, I would uninstall SP2 and reinstall it. There is no known "one fix" for this type of crash. It is your computer and you will have to investigate and try to find a solution on your own. The AVSIM CTD Guide gives you several recommendations for investigating on pages 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

The thing that looks weird to me is especially the strings (? not sure what they are), it's like gaps in every one of them.

Thanks for your help

That's normal. Indicates bad Anti-Aliasing. If you check out the AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide, page 7, it will show you how to get rid of those if you have an NVidia video card. Only problem you will have then is maybe some minor blurries as it fixes the AA "jaggies" by smoothing the lines.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I have 4x Sparse Grid Supersampling and Anisotropic filtering 4x in nvidiainspector, also MultiSamplesPerPixel=4 and MultiSampleQuality=4 in my config. Have I missed something?

I was trying to refer you to the settings next to that...

NVIDIA Predefined FXAA Usage

Toggle FXAA on or off

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

In NvidiaInspector:

Toggle FXAA on or off is set to On.

NVIDIA Predefined FXAA Usage is set to Allowed.

Okay. So you are all fixed. The anomaly in the Startup screen will probably still show (it doesn't in mine) but that shouldn't affect the operation of FSX.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM