Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Alternative to FSNavigator

HiI have been using FSNavigator for quite some time and I like and enjoy this program. I am wondering though if there is an alternative to this one, one that can distinguish the land and the see boundaries with different colour. Unfortunately the developers of FSNavigator haven't updated there program for quite some time now.Stelios

Stelios Christofides

Hi Stelios,Although I still use FSNav for flight planning I now use the moving map in FS Flight Keeper. This is a commercial program which is mainly a flight logger but has so many useful features and is very reasonably priced I find it indispensible.The moving map has one huge advantage over FSNav's. It shows Ai aircraft and when you have Ultimate Traffic it makes it very useful. And yes, the land and sea are different colours so it makes reading it somewhat easier.You can download a demo version here (no Ai aircraft show in the demo). www.molitor-home.de/fs/FLKeeper/News.htmlCheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks Ray for the info. Does this moving map of the program gets viewed while you fly, like the FSNavigator by pressing F9?Stelios

Stelios Christofides

Hi Stelios,No, it's a separate executable that you can display either on a separate PC using WideFS (as I do) or on a second monitor if you only have one PC.If you only have one screen then it will be more difficult to use. The map window can be maximised and minimised but will overlay the FS window. It can't be controlled by F9 like FSNav because it's not a module within FS.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest PDX Bailey

I cant objectively speak for any of the alternatives, but I for one just LOVE FS Navigator. It is one of the best add-ons that I have. I would be crippled without it.

PDX,I agree. Without FSNav I would have a lot of problems creating flight plans. But, the FSFK map is a LOT more useful. The colours help but the real icing on the cake is seeing Ai aircraft.I can't help but feel Helge has run out of enthusiasm for FSNav. The ability to identify Ai aircraft clearly exists. It will be a sad day when FSNav is no longer compatible with FS.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

>I cant objectively speak for any of the alternatives, but I>for one just LOVE FS Navigator. It is one of the best add-ons>that I have. I would be crippled without it.Yes I also love FSNavigator but it would have been nice to distinguish between land and water.Stelios

Stelios Christofides

Guest UweR

Errr, what happened to the old fashioned glance through the window?Seriously, you have a decent flight planner with FSNavigator, maybe a moving map program that utilizes real world charts is of interest to you. There are freeware (Rana Hossain) and commercial solutions (OziExplorer) available. A multitude of free charts is avilable on the net. This thread my help:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...d=240895&page=3Two pictures of OziExplorer "in action" (the same charts can be used for Rana

>Rana

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator