Sign in to follow this  
mazelda

Ai issue

Hi guys

looking how to add a line in my fsx config file that points to all my AI aircraft that I've moved to a different drive.

All my AI aircraft used to be in my simobjects\aircraft folder on my C drive and all worked fine

but I've moved all the AI stuff to my K drive in a folder called AIAircraft

In my  fsx.cfg I then added the line K:\AIAircraft below all the simobjects lines in the [Main] section of my cfg but  I am getting no AI aircraft 

any ideas what I add to my cfg file to see this new location

Thanks

Pete Little

It would be great if you could find a solution to this problem. MyTrafficX has an entry as follows in the Main section of the FSX.cfg:

SimObjectPaths.6=MyTraffic\Aircraft

They have all of their AI aircraft in a directory called Aircraft. I tried to move this folder to another HDD and then point to it in my FSX.cfg but no joy (i.e., SimObjectPaths.6=D:\MyTraffic\Aircraft). It does not work or at least it does not for MyTrafficX.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim.

Have you tried deleting the mytraffic aircraft from %APPDATA% roaming/mS/fsx/simobjects before changing the dir in the fsx.cfg.

Let me know if that works.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I have several "hangers" spread out over several drives...This works for my AI...

SimobjectPaths.6=F:\AI Aircraft

The only issue I see is that the internal workings of MTX require that the aircraft are located in the fsx root dir.

For example, the schedule data which is added to fsx scenery lib, probably looks for MTA AI is the default folder.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Ok so with a bit of trial and error,I now have all my ai aircraft AND traffic files on a separate drive upside is that I don't have duplicate files for both fsx and p3d ,so I now have more space on my drive.I even have my UT2 stuff linked on the other drive.

Makes life a lot easier for updating as I only have to update the one file and it does both platforms.

Pete Little