Sign in to follow this  
Gdavis0101

does anyone use fslive traffic?

just wondering if anyone uses this product,would it be worth getting.thanks.

I've been using it for about 2 weeks now. I have Ultimate traffic to and think it is a excellent product. But, FSlive really brings the GA airports alive which is what I was looking for. There are some downfalls though. Traffic only in North America, it's a little bit pricey, and there a few Citation models that don't look very good.I thinks the traffic is a bit delayed, but last weekend after the Daytona 500 it was very cool to sit and watch all the GA planes leaving.

I did have it and liked it very much, but my harddisk crashed and i lost it.I have mailed airnavsystems 5 times the last 2 weeks, but no answer. So if you buy it remember to backup, because they couldnt care less if you loose it.O H Nielsen

They got a toll free phone #, it says for Professional enquiries only but who cares call them and tell them you can't get a email response out of them. All you really need is that email they sent you with the downlload link and your password. I meant to call them last week about the future and some more GA models but just never got around to it. I'll give them a call this week and add to the conversation that they need to return emails to there customers.

it sure is tempting.i mailed them to find out if it could be run through widefs on the pc my activesky is on but they did not seem to know what i was talking about,so i guess it can not be done?i am wondering do you have to pause the sim to download a new file every so often or is it done just once.thanks for any help.

No, you run the program before you start FS and it then creates a new traffic .bgl file. I am not sure if you can pause FS and then create another file while FS is running, something tells me you can't. But, I have flown cross country flight with FSLIVE and you don't loose traffic the longer you fly, like you think you would. I think that most commercial flights are already in the FAA database so when you download the traffic it takes in account the traffic that is scheduled to depart. It comes with a tool to see what traffic is in your area and where they departing from and so on. So if you pass a Southwest flight you can bring up the tool and see where that flight is going and coming from. And when you land after that 4-5hrs flight across the country there is alot of traffic to welcome you to you destination.I have been happy with it, especially the GA stuff. Myself personally I think it's a good add-on.

ok,i get it now,so i guess you keep you flightplan bgl for european flights.thanks for the info.tony.

Guest byoung

I wonder what the traffic would be for PANC (Anchorage) or (PADQ) Kodiak?What about impact on FPS? I know it uses My Traffic planes?Can somebody comment on this?Barry

For my review I ran my traffic detail at about 75%, I have since turned it down to forty. I found the PANC to be littered with flights, some of my pictures are from PANC in my review. As far as frames, at PANC my frames didn't suffer at all.. 25-27, locked at 27. Airports like Chicago Ohare and Seattle is where you will see the frame hits.

but do they land on top of each other, are there alot ofg go arounds?

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

I personally think there are maybe less go arounds, I am not sure how that could be, but everything seems to flow very well.