Sign in to follow this  
pocketwatch50

Navigation

Even though I got the aircraft some time ago I just started using it. My question is, is this compatible with the FSX default ATC. There doesn't seem to be any mention of it at all from what I can see.Usually the xfill feature allows you to bring the FSX flight planner flight over to the aircraft. If you can how do you do it?

Flight plans have to be entered manually into the pilot's side fms. Once done, on the co-pilot's FMS, x-fill is used to 'PULL' the flightplan over from the pilot's FMS. Same thing goes for fuel. Which FMS you use to input the flight plan, is entirely up to you.

Hope that helps.

regards, Jazz

As with most in-depth addons that simulate an FMS, you cannot use the default FSX flight planner and ATC with the FMS. You have to manually input your route in to the FMS, just like real life.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Permit me if I may; this has been done: IF10 >augmented, builds a flight with an associated plan which ATC uses, and exports a Q400 co-route file containing the plan, and that can be chosen in the FMS menu to load the plan in one go. Any situation arising with differing NavData sets and simdata is handled by the planner which, to make reliable plans, builds and uses a common subset of NavData including airports and runways. Waypoints are uploaded into the Q400 navdata DB if they don't exist In the current cycle loaded and can be entered manually too. It's a very sophisticated planner/flight builder, the >augmented upgrade adds the FMS and NavData functionality to do this. Thanks. Steve.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Interesting. I had no idea that something like this had been developed, Steve. Up to now, manually inputting the flight plan was all we had.  

Thanx for the info. Definitely something to look for.

regards, Craig.

Thanks for allowing my mention of it.

Craig, all the best,

Steve

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com