Sign in to follow this  
ORN

Abacus Pest...

HiI have installed the Abacus Premier Collection Airbus380 just to see if I like it. Unfortunately it was not to standard so I have uninstalled it. What remained though on the menu bar of FS2004 the Abacus name. How can I get rid of it. I had a look in the modules section but nothing was listed there. Any ideas?Stelios

Stelios Christofides

Ive had that problem with other software. LAGO in general.Was teh A380 any good?Abacus is down there with lago on aircraft. I could care less about eathier. When i viewed the preview pics of the a380 on abacus' website, it looked ok. the model looked nice. then when i got to the panel and vc, i though my pc had just been attacked by 1000 virus'. Worst 2D and VC of any payware. There are freeware planes that people would choose over alot of abacus' products i think. They seem to be more into "quanity, not quality" ordeal.

Just a little update on Lago Maddog: So far Lago has been quick with patches and updates

Stelios, you need to go to your modules folder and remove the file called asreg01.dll

Guest Stefan Bergert

@ Eagle: Don't want to start something new here but others should also consider the MDmax MD80 besides the one from lago... www.mdsuper80.comI have seen both add-ons at a friend of mine and I prefered the one from MDmax - so cool to get hot-starts, APU econ mode with accurate fuel consumption, a great AP (the first one to use rudder on autoland to maintain rwy track in FS),...On Abacus:I think there are people who would like to spend less and get a super-uncomplicated cockpit (close to the standard-B737 from MS)... but there are indeed better freeware products.Stefan

>>@ Eagle: Don't want to start something new here but others>should also consider the MDmax MD80 besides the one from>lago... www.mdsuper80.com>>I have seen both add-ons at a friend of mine and I prefered>the one from MDmax - so cool to get hot-starts, APU econ mode>with accurate fuel consumption, a great AP (the first one to>use rudder on autoland to maintain rwy track in FS),...>>>StefanStefan, despite some very nasty posts in this forum and MDmax' forum (which they closed!), I'm left with the impression that MDMax' panel is very good indeed! But I've spent too much $ on addons lately, and probably will buy a certain 767 soon, so I'll put that MDMax panel on hold for now. Maybe I'll have a go at it when the Jet City merge is done, and the FMC is available ...Bruce, thank's for the fix :)Eagle