Sign in to follow this  
Oscar de Wyldde

What fresh hell is this? Water world, I expected fire and brimstone!

Recently I have purchased and loaded up Active Sky Next, FTX Global and REX4. The scenery is a continuous water world with mountainous seas and waterlogged airports.

Where do I go from here? Scrub FSX off my hard drive? Start again and check each program? Cannot get GSX or UAE to work with REX4.

Not a happy pilot

Oscar de Wyldde

Oscar - that doesn't sound like anything that will be caused by either ASN or REX.

ASN just injects weather and REX is direct texture replacement for clouds, water etc, just replacing FSX default textures with new ones.

Have you installed the latest ORBX Libraries after installing FTX Global? This is important to do after installing any ORBX product, and would be my first suggestion for why you're having issues.

Get the latest libraries here, install and report back.

http://fullterrain.com/support.html

Thanks MDF86 for your assistance. I did what you suggested and downloaded the latest libraries. I think that the problem is a bit more complicated than just problems with incorrect textures.

Everything changed when I added YSSY by CLS and YPAD (downloaded off PCAviator Aus website) and added ASN at the same time. I know I should have tested them individually.

This is when the scenery went awry. A big black texture patch formed around the ground of any aircraft I flew. I could see that in the far distance the textures were ok. But I didnt have the ocean world.

As I was going to purchase FTX Global and REX4 I could solve the problem later. After inserting FTX Global and REX4 I now have the black texture around my plane while flying in ORBX scenery (YSCB) and the water world surrounding the taxiways and runways of non-ORBX airports and an ocean world in the rest of the world. The ORBX scenery which worked just fine before the trouble started, now is corrupted and is nonsensical. Ultimate Airport environment scenery for the non-ORBX does not work anymore and I cannot get GEX to work even after reloading it.

GEX worked just fine up to the insertion of FTX and REX4.

Any suggestions?

Might be caused if you had Orbx activated when adding scenery (or not activated if the scenery required it).  Remove airports.  Deactivate/reactivate Orbx.  Might need to remove scenery files with .OFF extensions.

Randall