Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

What aircraft fly into London City

Guest panda234

I'm thinking of getting the Visual Flight London and I'm wondering what aircraft fly into London City on a regular basis? Any jets? Besides the DF Fed Ex 727 that will be dropping in there on a regular basis now. :-)billg

In real life you wouldn't see a Boeing 727 land at London City. I dont think the runway would be long enough. You can see Fokker 50s, Dornier Props, some biz jets, ATR 72s, Dash8s etc at London City.The only jet airliner I know of that goes there on a regular basis is a BAE 146 type plane.Hope that helps.Craig

Here's the approved aircraft list for EGLC:ATR 42BAe 146/Avro RJ family BAe 4100 JetstreamDHC-6 Twin OtterDHC Dash 7Bombardier Q Series/DHC Dash 8Dornier Fairchild 228 Embraer 135Dornier Fairchild Do328 Fokker 50 Fokker 70 Saab 340Saab 2000 Shorts 360-300 Hope that helps,

Guest panda234

Thx much! And yes, a 727 can get in ok. Getting out is a little more difficult. If you were sitting on one of the roofs at the end of the runway suntanning you'd probably get blown off. :-)billg

Guest rnj slinger

I flew a couple of times with the klm-va.nl f50 to london city, the glidesloop is fairly steep, but a nice approachrick

>Thx much! And yes, a 727 can get in ok. Getting out is a>little more difficult. If you were sitting on one of the roofs>at the end of the runway suntanning you'd probably get blown>off. :-)>>billg>You may well be able to get the '727' in but in the real world you would be refused and sent elsewhere.All the best,Dave.'Three greens and soft landings'

Dave Taylor gb.png

Try a 747-400 at 520K lbs, flaps 30. Totally illegal and dangerous, but do-able if you're crazy enough (I've done a lot of heavy iron landings in way-out places in my FS career).JS