Sign in to follow this  
pemigris

GTN 750/650 for P3D arrived

Like the Mindstar, these gauges only make sense when developers integrate it into their virtual cockpits.  I'm interested in these, especially since it is an option for P3D and seems to have more capability than the Mindstar 430/530, like a terrain database.  The trouble is, there is only one plane I use that could take them right now, the Milviz Cessna, which has an optional flat panel.  Now if they would make the more familiar 430/530 to supercede the defunct and non P3D compatible Reality XP, and get on board all the developers who natively support Reality-XP units in their VC, then that might be the best thing since sliced bread.  I'll be keeping my eyes on these units.

Like the Mindstar, these gauges only make sense when developers integrate it into their virtual cockpits.  I'm interested in these, especially since it is an option for P3D and seems to have more capability than the Mindstar 430/530, like a terrain database.  The trouble is, there is only one plane I use that could take them right now, the Milviz Cessna, which has an optional flat panel.

You mean something like this? This is a WIP I made just for testing purposes using some quick-n-dirty bitmaps for them.

C310R

9yjx.jpg

B55

oibg.jpg

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

As they are "in process" gauges, they will not run across a network, neither wired nor WiFi...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Doesn't air display just make your iPad a 2nd display to the OS where you could simply drag the gauges over to?

That's how all aspects of it work on the Mac from all reports at least.

You mean something like this? This is a WIP I made just for testing purposes using some quick-n-dirty bitmaps for them.

C310R

B55

...I want to touch them so bad.  A shame that my side monitor will be touch screen.  Sigh.

I wonder what would happen if you set up a Carenado airplane to use RXP but not have RXP set up...would it allow this gauge? E.g. the PA46 Migrage has a GNS530 and 430. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I wonder what would happen if you set up a Carenado airplane to use RXP but not have RXP set up...would it allow this gauge? E.g. the PA46 Migrage has a GNS530 and 430. 

The GTN 750 (6" bezel) is almost  the combined height of one GNS 430 (2.6")  plus one GNS 530 (4.6") The GTN 650 is  approximately the size of the GNS 430. I'm somewhat in a quandary about which of the two GTN units I would buy, as there is so much information displayed on the screen, it makes me wonder if a 2.64" height on the GTN 650 is going be readable. On the other hand, the GTN 750 basically functions as your entire avionics stack.

I apologize in advance for the Garmin marketing....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=36yNypiPmkA

For those concerned about pricing I remember the designer of Reality XP  (whose name escapes me at the moment) many years ago when confronted by similar criticism merely stated that $55 bought you a GPS which was identical to the real life version costing around $12000.  Here $65 buys you $17000.

Not bad when you come right down to it.   :good:

I wonder if Flight1 is interested in porting the Garmin 430/530 Trainer to work with Prepar3d, since RealityXP looks gone from the market. It's still the main unit being used in GA fleet, and it would be a great training tool. Don't get me wrong, I know there are many addons out there, but using the Garmin Trainer makes the difference, and if Flight1 got them to let it be used for the GTN750, I don't see why the same couldn't be done withthe GNS530!

Alexis Mefano

Is the database updateable?

ALL databases yes (like for rxp GNS)

legally with a lot of dollars.

not legally i cant' say more ;)

The P3d version has required some complementary development compare to the fsx one. This can also explains the price.

And remember, P3D is not licenced for home Entertainment. Pro licence are usually more expensive.

Anyway, they have done a very good job with these GTN and the support is very good. the price is justified.

i9-10850k - Asus Tuf Z490+ - 32 Go DDR4 - RTX 3070 8Go MSI Trio X

Doesn't air display just make your iPad a 2nd display to the OS where you could simply drag the gauges over to?

That's how all aspects of it work on the Mac from all reports at least.

Yes I am sure that would work as you suggest, I may purchase this from Flight1 later this week so will then test it. BTW anyone with an iPad should download the 30 day free trial of the GTN 750.... App from Garmin, it's called a Garmin GTN Trainer and it really is fantastic. Maybe this iPad app will eventually be linked into P3D:)

I use the flight1 gtn (fsx version) on m android tab (note 10.1) by air display. it works fine.

i9-10850k - Asus Tuf Z490+ - 32 Go DDR4 - RTX 3070 8Go MSI Trio X

Great news!

Good to see these superb F1 GTNs getting P3D ready!

Certainly going to keep an eye on this!

C310R

B55

WOW!

Great work here Bill in #32 even by now and although WIP!

Would be great to have it available one day! .. sure: Hopefully sooner than later :wink: Thank You very much for all the effort!