Sign in to follow this  
Howiefly13

P3D will not start!

I think the combination of these 2 steps, hopefully, solved my problem:

That's good to hear.

......play for myself...with P3D?-------->AM=84/HT

Well, fine - I didn't say that AM 84 is a bad setting for a 4 core with HT ON. That's what it should be. It was you who praised the weird AM 254 in another thread so much but I still doubt that this value is the reason for a failed startup of P3D v2.

Spirit

Well, fine - I didn't say that AM 84 is a bad setting for a 4 core with HT ON. That's what it should be. It was you who praised the weird AM 254 in another thread so much but I still doubt that this value is the reason for a failed startup of P3D v2.

Spirit

That 254 was part of the journey to a stable and productive 84.  254 gave sharp textures...but the other shoe-drop...was that over time, they did defocus...etc.  

Yes..84 is the keeper sleeper! :)  Last night a two hour plus flight had my chin strike my chest, and the Control-C being keyed up.......before any textures went 'South'....

Mitch

Hello.

Just for your info, I had the same problem, and in my case it was an old version of FSUIPC the one causing this issue. Deleting it solved the problem.

Regards.

Felipe

Hi I think I'm having the same problem. I've tried repairing it, like it's told me to, twice. I've insist allied then reinstalled it via the programs and features a swell and yet I still can't open it and get this message every time followed by one saying I need to repair it.

"Scenario file: C:\users\admin\appdata\local\lockheedmartin\prepar3d v3\prepar3d_default.fxml failed to load. This could be due to a malformed xml file."

SOLVED. This problem can be solved by removing the DLL file in first place and then if doesnt work also Prepar3d CFG file, both files are located in:

C:\Users\Alex\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

Happy Flying !

• Upvote 1

I've had P3D for around 6 months, no problems that i wasn't able to solve. But only yesterday i encounted a problem in which P3D loads but does not open, I have tried reinstalling, a new scenery.cfg and repairing but nothing has worked. Please HELP!

SOLVED. This problem can be solved by removing the DLL file in first place and then if doesnt work also Prepar3d CFG file, both files are located in:

C:\Users\Alex\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

Happy Flying !

Cheers,

Removing the DLL.xml solved the issue for me.

Maarten Otto

19.jpg

That 254 was part of the journey to a stable and productive 84.  254 gave sharp textures...but the other shoe-drop...was that over time, they did defocus...etc.  

Yes..84 is the keeper sleeper! :)  Last night a two hour plus flight had my chin strike my chest, and the Control-C being keyed up.......before any textures went 'South'....

Mitch

84=01,01,01,00 = three jobs, and only three cores utilised, but 254=11,11,11,10 = seven jobs and all four cores utilised by the sim, and the scenery loading jobs are doubled per core. That's twice as much CPU throughput twice as much heat when at loading the sim stage. Could be an indication of a bad overclock or near limit in cooling.

Removing the DLL.xml solved the issue for me.

If we have many entries in the dll.xml file we can have certain parts of that .xml content ignored. (We can edit the file in Notepad)...

by changing disabled to true in a section:

<Disabled>True</Disabled>

by changing manual load to true in a section:

<Launch.ManualLoad>True</Launch.ManualLoad>

or by "commenting out" a section, we insert "<!--" and "-->" around the sections we want to be ignored.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

My problem was related to iFMS v2  http://www.ifms-fs.com/

As soon as I put in the string for the DLL as provided by the developers installation guide the sim wouldn't start. When I removed it all was okay. 

SOLUTION:

Added the following for the P3DtoiFMS plugin and renamed the iFMS plugin in the modules folder to "test"

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>P3DtoiFMS</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>modules\test.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

Great program that gives you AIRAC cycles and autopilot with VNAV and LNAV. I use it for the Carenado B190D

Maarten Otto

Maarten Otto

19.jpg

How to you change the AM?

I have looked for it but no success..and can not find my situationfile either..