Sign in to follow this  
TheNerd

What's Your NGX Framerate?

Hi!
So, I've been looking to get the PMDG NGX for a while. I'm used to flying larger aircraft like the MD-11, 747, 767, etc.

I was just wondering, what kind of FPS do you guys get? I don't have anything too impressive, but I'll be upgrading my GPU soon.

Thanks for any help  :Big Grin:

25-30 on the ground in the cockpit, over 40 when on the exterior view. During cruise I get a steady 50fps in the cockpit, over 120-130fps on the exterior view when clear skies and between 70-80fps when in a thunderstorm using real world weather.

Hi!

So, I've been looking to get the PMDG NGX for a while. I'm used to flying larger aircraft like the MD-11, 747, 767, etc.

I was just wondering, what kind of FPS do you guys get? I don't have anything too impressive, but I'll be upgrading my GPU soon.

Thanks for any help  :Big Grin:

I940 clocked to 4.1, 6gb memory & ATI 2gb graphic card (I think).  I'm getting an average in the 20's with the NGX, higher at altitude, lower nearer the ground, all with ASN, Orbx global & other ORBX scenery, REX clouds, off the top of my head.  Some payware airports will lead to occasional single digits.  The PMDG 777 is actually a bit better, but very smooth, even when in the teens.  You know, once you take off & settle into cruise, frames are kind of a moot point for me; it's about systems management & navigation.  The NGX is well worth it, as is the 777, even without the long, long, long-awaited patch.

Dave Skuback - KBLM

'Cause down the shore everything's all right

With running a bunch of add-ons I get around 34-40 while flying. The only airports so far I have seen the NGX struggle for me were at FSDT KDFW where I can't seem to get above 18-22 FPS, and KEWR where I get 14-16 FPS. Of course turning down the graphics settings I am guessing that would help improve FPS a bit. 

Once flying though everything appears extremely smooth and is great. 

I940 clocked to 4.1, 6gb memory & ATI 2gb graphic card (I think).  I'm getting an average in the 20's with the NGX, higher at altitude, lower nearer the ground, all with ASN, Orbx global & other ORBX scenery, REX clouds, off the top of my head.  Some payware airports will lead to occasional single digits.  The PMDG 777 is actually a bit better, but very smooth, even when in the teens.  You know, once you take off & settle into cruise, frames are kind of a moot point for me; it's about systems management & navigation.  The NGX is well worth it, as is the 777, even without the long, long, long-awaited patch.

What graphics card in particular?

How do you guys think I'll fair with my i5-3330 and GT 630 (soon to be GTX 750)? It runs fsx pretty well (even with the CS 757). Of course, I'm willing to turn down the settings.